Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Macbook Pro/Air For programming?
So I want to be a computer programmer building apps, new tech, Ect. So I need a LAPTOP thats really good for programming and I don't really like tablets cause to me there kinda annoying. What do you suggest. Is Apple laptops good for programming ?
Hello!
Apple products are great for programming, because under the hood you will always have a UNIX based operating system, this allows you for a more wide range of languages/projects due to the fact that there is a lot of stuff you can do from the terminal, including installing new stuff using package managers and lots of other native stuff.

You have to take in account that most Apple laptops are really overpriced compared to laptops with the same specs, other than that they are really good work machines. If you have the money, go for it.

(I myself am a PC/Linux user, but I have to admit that for some aspects during college I'd rather own a Macbook Pro myself.)
(Nov 25, 2014, 02:29 AM)Skyxer Wrote: Hello!
Apple products are great for programming, because under the hood you will always have a UNIX based operating system, this allows you for a more wide range of languages/projects due to the fact that there is a lot of stuff you can do from the terminal, including installing new stuff using package managers and lots of other native stuff.

You have to take in account that most Apple laptops are really overpriced compared to laptops with the same specs, other than that they are really good work machines. If you have the money, go for it.

(I myself am a PC/Linux user, but I have to admit that for some aspects during college I'd rather own a Macbook Pro myself.)

Awesome! Thanks I want to ask more question can you pm me? :D