No
60.00%
3 60.00%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Mega Arcanine idea?
Star 
Well, I sure have! This is my idea on how Mega Arcanine should be. Leave your thoughts or own ideas down below! But, Anyway lets gets started.

Now this Mega Arcanine is a beast.
--------------------------------
Arcanine-
Type: Fire
Moveset:
Extreme speed
Flare blitz
Thrash
Wild charge/Return
Ability: Flariate
Item: Arcanite
Evs: 252Atk, 252Spe, and 4def Happiness: Maxed
Mega stat increase: 50 to atk, 20 to def, 20 to spe, 10 to hp, remove 30 from Sp. Atk and add to Atk, and finally add 10 to hp
Explanation for everything: Well, let me start off with Arcanines new ability, Flariate. Im pretty sure most of you must of heard of Aerilate or normalize, right? Well flariate is like that just that it turns all other moves Arcanine uses into fire type moves. This will make him get STAB boost for all of his moves. Then, lets go to his moves. The goal for his moves are to choose the ones that do most damage because of flariate. The reason for extreme speed is because he will get priority and STAB boost because of flariate which will do a lot of damage. Then, Flare blitz and wild charge on an Arcanine are usually seen on them. Last but least, return. I chose this move because if you max out any Pokemon happiness with some good attack like Arcanine it will do a lot of damage. But once again because of flariate you can get STAB boost which will almost do over 200 damage. After that, I chose these evs because this Arcanine is a fast physical set. Finally, the stat increase for mega evolving. I chose each of these because Arcanine base stats are already good but as
I said before, this Arcanine is a fast physical sweeper. So, more added to his attack and speed is even better. Then, I just decided to give him more to his defense so he is a little more bulky. Lastly, 10 to hp because he has decent hp already but a little more cant hurt. This arcanine is especially good for double battles because if you get the sun up its over. The only flaw i see to this is that you cant touch anything that resist fire because of flariate. This is my opinion on mega arcanine so please no hate. Leave your opinion below! This took me over an hour to write. Worth it! :D :D :D
I don't know. The flariate.... fire priority would just be so problematic. It seems like a too good to be true ability.

I would like to see arcanine have a more left field defensive Mega. Maybe with something like thick fur to make it an inase physical wall.
It would be cool though
(Sep 26, 2015, 09:08 PM)bradar485 Wrote: I don't know. The flariate.... fire priority would just be so problematic. It seems like a too good to be true ability.

I would like to see arcanine have a more left field defensive Mega. Maybe with something like thick fur to make it an inase physical wall.

I agree here. More fire in it's design maybe! A boost to it's sp def would be insane. It'd be OP if they gave him something like Reckless for his recoil moves (flare blitz and wild charge); if you wanted some new, busted ability, how about one thatd give priority to fire-type moves similar to Gale Wings? My head spins thinking about that. But I like the odds of Mega Arcanine actually becoming a thing in the future!
If flariate was his ability, having flare blitz would be pointless considering return does a lot more damage with no recoil. Thrash isn't a particularly good move considering IMO being locked in to the move with the chance for confusion isn't worth the extra damage, considering double-edge and return still hit like a truck. For doubles there are a lot more options for strategies, for example pairing with a sunny day pokemon (because you can't use Zard Y with mega arcanine and ninetails isn't particularly good) and running a mixed set with solar beam for coverage. With intimidate as a pre-evolution ability, Mega Arcanine would likely be a bit overpowered. It would essentially be a Mega Salamence with higher base attack, similar defensive stats (just so you know, the HP stat always stays the same after mega evolution) but with access to a base 80 STAB flariate boosted +2 priority move which has a decent offensive typing. All of this without a x4 weakness to anything. This would basically make Mega Pinsir obsolete.

If this were to be introduced, I doubt it would survive long in Smogon OU for a while and I think it would be a serious threat in VGC with correct team support.

I personally would prefer to see a more balanced stat distribution, as I like the fact that you can run Arcanine either physically or specially. But as mentioned, fire priority would be very strong. I like the idea of arcanine becoming very bulky, but with access to fairly reliable recovery in morning sun thick fur might make Arcanine ridiculously difficult to take down.
[Image: CK8fQBbXAAEYZxP.png]
Fire and Dragon Type,
Wheres your Arceus now?
Never Give Up! - Densest Anime Protagonist of the Century

Forum Ninja
#PopplioDefenseSquad
(Sep 27, 2015, 12:15 PM)naitre Wrote: I feel like M-Arcanine would do really well with Moxie.

Honestly that would be the perfect route. There is a connection between intimidate guys and moxie guys. Not a big one but the correlation is there. Plus it would be powerful without being too op since it could be stopped before getting boosted up to the unstopable god beast level. I still would root for a defensive mega but this makes a lot of sense for good ol' Arc

Also, I'm totes gonna draw up my own mega arc later for you's fans of his. Like, literally draw it btw, not like a build.
(Sep 28, 2015, 04:10 PM)naitre Wrote:
(Sep 28, 2015, 04:03 PM)bradar485 Wrote:
(Sep 27, 2015, 12:15 PM)naitre Wrote: I feel like M-Arcanine would do really well with Moxie.

Honestly that would be the perfect route. There is a connection between intimidate guys and moxie guys. Not a big one but the correlation is there. Plus it would be powerful without being too op since it could be stopped before getting boosted up to the unstopable god beast level. I still would root for a defensive mega but this makes a lot of sense for good ol' Arc

Also, I'm totes gonna draw up my own mega arc later for you's fans of his. Like, literally draw it btw, not like a build.

I feel like it could be game breaking depending on how you allocate its stats, but I can honestly see M-Arcanine going either hyper offensive or with a defensive stat allocation. I'm really biased and would like to see M-Arcanine do some serious sweeping, though it's about time we get a defensive mega that has some offensive pressure.

That's super well put. Over the last few minutes I've been thinking about a 'roided out arcanine with moxie and I'm really getting on board. Don't get me wrong, broham's flariate fantasy is pretty appealing but moxie with at least decent defensive stats (which arc already has) and Arc's great support movepool would be so-ooooo kewl. I think it would be best with a really balanced stat distribution so it could be customized either way, it's stats support this already. Unpredictable megas=best megas. nintendo better catch up to this discussion XD
I said I'd draw one up, forgot and then rushed this out during a fifteen minute break at work. Be forgiving, I had limited time, a pen and a highlighter. I thought it would be cool for the orange and black to reverse. I don't engage in this kind of "fanfoolery" very often but I was compelled by all the arcanine love

[img][Image: 2vwdbhk.jpg][/img]
(Sep 29, 2015, 09:14 PM)bradar485 Wrote: [Image: 2vwdbhk.jpg]

Now I usually scoff at DeviantArtists and whatnot and their cheeky, edgy, or downright strange versions of Megas. In that regard the only artist I trust is Ken Sugimori (Pokemon's main artist). But this is a neat illustration! A tiny bit too thick in some areas, but Id LOVE to see M-Arcanine rock out in black. His shiny could be an awesome black-and-gold combination.