Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Mesuda method: Am I doing this right?
I have a Japanese ghastly and one of its offspring making eggs, am I doing the Mesuda Method correctly? The offspring was bred by me, in the US.
(Feb 3, 2015, 12:21 PM)DarkMist Wrote: I have a Japanese ghastly and one of its offspring making eggs, am I doing the Mesuda Method correctly? The offspring was bred by me, in the US.

Yeah, you should be going correctly. The only requirements are that at least one parent is from a region other than the user's native region (which you have here). Just be sure that the Gastly you're using is actually from a Japanese cartridge (it'll have the JPN tag on its name bar, next to its level), and not just with Japanese lettering as its name.
-sandragon13
(Feb 3, 2015, 12:27 PM)sandragon13 Wrote:
(Feb 3, 2015, 12:21 PM)DarkMist Wrote: I have a Japanese ghastly and one of its offspring making eggs, am I doing the Mesuda Method correctly? The offspring was bred by me, in the US.

Yeah, you should be going correctly.  The only requirements are that at least one parent is from a region other than the user's native region (which you have here).  Just be sure that the Gastly you're using is actually from a Japanese cartridge (it'll have the JPN tag on its name bar, next to its level), and not just with Japanese lettering as its name.
   -sandragon13

Im pretty sure it does, thanks for the conformation!

Just to give you a little story, yesterday I was breeding a ralts and wasn't even trying to get a shiny and got one in the first probably 20 eggs and I don't have the shiny charm :P So don't give up!
(Feb 3, 2015, 12:35 PM)zephorous Wrote:

Just to give you a little story, yesterday I was breeding a ralts and wasn't even trying to get a shiny and got one in the first probably 20 eggs and I don't have the shiny charm :P So don't give up!

Lucky you, Ive got about 5 boxes full of ghastlys at this point haha
(Feb 3, 2015, 12:38 PM)DarkMist Wrote:
(Feb 3, 2015, 12:35 PM)zephorous Wrote:

Lucky you, Ive got about 5 boxes full of ghastlys at this point haha

you guys got it wrong. if you use a japanes ditto and a japanese gastly its not medusa. where you breed it doesnt matter. you need a different POKEMON (jap gastly eng ditto for example) this has nothing to do WHERE you breed it. hope i made it clear.

since japanese dittos are free here you might made this mistake (jap gastly jap ditto this is NOT medsuda)

Edit: oh sorry i´ve just seen that you use its offspring so this one is eng you´re doing it right sry
Luxury Ball - Because they're worth it.