Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Trying to make a team.. help?
I don't know if this is the right place to make this thread? But I'm trying to make a team, first time I'm doing a competitive team and I'd like some help. 
Here are the pokemons I want to use, I dont have a moveset for them all yet so if anyone got some suggestions I'd love to hear them! 
I'm really struggling to find a moveset for Nidoking and Reuniclus :c 
Nidoking 
[Image: 034.gif]
Aegislash @ Shellbell / Weakness policy
[Image: 681.gif]    
Moveset:                        
             Swords dance
           King's shield
              Shadow sneak
              Sacred sword 
Umbreon @ leftovers
[Image: 197.gif]

Moveset:                        
Wish
    Protect
 Toxic
       Payback
Reuniclus 
[Image: 579.gif]
(MEGA)Audino @ Audinonite
[Image: 531.gif]

Moveset:  

Heal pulse
                 Yawn/trick room
                    Psychic/Fire blast
                      Reflect / safe guard
Infernape @ sash / life orb
[Image: 392.gif]
Moveset:                        
            Mach Punch
         Blaze kick
                               Thunder punch / HP grass
              Swords dance

Again, this is my first time trying to make a competitive team like this, and I'd love to get as much help as possible!
You can find a lot of quality movesets over on http://www.smogon.com/. I'll post a few for your team along with how to use them. You can make changes where necessary as it's your team, I'm just sharing some movesets.

[Image: nidoking.gif]
Nidoking @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower

Because Nidoking lacks bulk, it struggles to switch into a lot of Pokemon easily and appreciates free switches provided by Volt Switch or U-turn support and double switches. However, Nidoking can easily switch into Clefable and pressure its team immensely, which is Nidoking's main advantage over other wallbreakers. When Nidoking is on the field against slower teams, just use the appropriate coverage move, and against faster teams, use the appropriate coverage move to hit faster Pokemon such as Choice Scarf Landorus-T, Mega Metagross, Latios, and Gengar that can switch into at least one of Nidoking's STAB moves when they switch in.

[Image: aegislash.gif]
Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- King's Shield
- Sacred Sword / Flash Cannon

The general way to use Aegislash is in a rather hit-and-run manner: switch into Pokemon it threatens (good examples include Cresselia and unboosted Mega Salamence) and choose the appropriate attacking move, then switch out when the opponent switches in their Aegislash check. If your opponent's remaining Pokemon have trouble breaking through Aegislash, use King's Shield to restore Aegislash's bulk via the Shield forme. When using Weakness Policy, you can turn Aegislash into an incredibly destructive, game-changing Pokemon. Keep Aegislash hidden in your team and scout your opponent. Try to figure out if your opponent's "Aegislash checks" can actually OHKO Aegislash; many Aegislash checks will fail to beat it one-on-one if they are lacking an offensive item or a setup move. Switching Aegislash in after losing a Pokemon or via U-turn can put these ill-equipped "checks" in an extremely difficult situation, as an Aegislash with a Weakness Policy boost will often OHKO them, while their other coverage moves will do very little to Aegislash. This can lead to Aegislash either taking out an important Pokemon or setting up for a clean sweep versus weakened teams. One of the riskier aspects of Aegislash is taking advantage of its usual predictability. Many higher ranked opponents may predict a King's Shield and use the free turn King's Shield offers them to switch to an Aegislash check or set up. Taking advantage of Aegislash's predictability is a very high-risk, high-reward strategy. If you manage to respond with a good switch-in or attack from Aegislash, you may put your opponent at a massive disadvantage.

[Image: umbreon.gif]
Umbreon @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect / Moonlight
- Heal Bell / Baton Pass
- Foul Play

Use Umbreon with the knowledge that almost all non-super effective hits are irrelevant thanks to its reliable recovery. Umbreon is best used to sponge a variety of high-powered hits in order to provide excellent team support. Umbreon is better against Choice-locked Pokemon as opposed to setup Pokemon; for example, Choice Scarf Porygon-Z is a better matchup for Umbreon than Nasty Plot. Wish + Baton Pass Umbreon functions similarly to Wish + Baton Pass Vaporeon, sacrificing the extra HP in the Wish for more immediate bulk. Foul Play alongside Wish + Protect allows Umbreon to be self-reliant in certain situations.

[Image: reuniclus.gif]
Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast / Shadow Ball
- Recover

Do not try to sweep with Reuniclus unless all of its checks and counters have been removed or you have a plan for luring them in and defeating them, such as using Focus Blast instead of Calm Mind or Psyshock to hit Bisharp on the switch. Once all of Reuniclus's checks and counters are gone, switch Reuniclus in, and alternate between Calm Mind and Recover until Reuniclus is powerful enough to win in the least amount of turns. Try to make sure you don't have to rely on Focus Blast to 2HKO a lot of Pokemon, as it misses frequently and has low PP. Reuniclus takes zero damage from Toxic, Stealth Rock, and Spikes, so don't be afraid to constantly switch it in and out. It laughs at many common defensive Pokemon, such as Ferrothorn and Heatran; Reuniclus should switch into them and start using Calm Mind. Reuniclus, thanks to its good bulk and fair typing, can also switch into common offensive Pokemon such as Landorus-T, Mega Manectric, Mega Diancie, and Mega Lopunny and proceed to use Calm Mind.

[Image: audino-mega.gif]
Audino @ Audinite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Fire Blast
- Surf
- Healing Wish

Contrary to what would usually be expected, Audino does not need to Mega Evolve immediately, as it can make use of Regenerator to pivot in and out of weaker special attackers such as Choice Scarf Rotom-C and Mesprit; in fact, it is advised to only Mega Evolve Audino if the Special Attack boost, extra bulk, or Fairy typing is needed. This Audino works best as a lure for certain offensive threats that appreciate bulky Steel-types out of the way in order to sweep, those being Durant, Tyrantrum, and Drapion. Mega Audino can also be a very helpful teammate for Tyrantrum and Escavalier by ridding them of Mega Steelix and weakening Rhyperior and Mega Camerupt.

[Image: infernape.gif]
Infernape @ Focus Sash
Ability: Blaze / Naive
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Tomb
- Close Combat
- Encore / Overheat / Will-O-Wisp

Stealth Rock leads such as Infernape are normally only found on very offensive teams, since balance and stall teams do not need something that just gets entry hazards up and faints. Offensive teams, on the other hand, appreciate having Stealth Rock on the opposing side or a foe locked into a move via Encore to create the necessary opportunities to set up safely. Infernape is normally used as a dedicated lead, since you want get Stealth Rock up as soon as possible or just Encore something for your next Pokemon to set up. That being said, you can use Team Preview to your advantage, since the opponent will more than likely think about having to face Infernape in the lead matchup by sending in something that can counter it, such as Mega Sableye. Therefore, in matchups where Stealth Rock isn't necessary, it might be wise to bench Infernape entirely to avoid situations where you cannot afford to be effectively one Pokemon down. It is usually safe to go for Stealth Rock in common lead matchups such as against Garchomp, Landorus-T, and Mamoswine so that you can Encore them into their own Stealth Rock or Earthquake, allowing your Flying-type to come in safely next turn. However, be careful when facing Mamoswine, as the combination of Earthquake + Ice Shard will finish off Infernape unless it is running Mach Punch. Breloom is another lead that Infernape struggles with, as it threatens to put something to sleep right away due to its Focus Sash being in tact, while Mach Punch is only a 2HKO; therefore, breaking its Focus Sash is Infernape's optimal play. When you're going up against Greninja, Rock Tomb should be used over Close Combat in the event Greninja uses Shadow Sneak, breaks Infernape's Focus Sash, and proceeds to finish it off with a Water- or Psychic-type STAB move. As lead Rotom tends to carry Choice items, they might be worth scouting for by switching into your Mega Pokemon. Otherwise, it is generally preferred to 2HKO it with Close Combat. Focus Sash can be utilized not only to get Stealth Rock up but also to just go for the 2HKO with Close Combat on threats such as Porygon2 and Chansey if your team really appreciates one of them being gone.
The minute you think of giving up, think of the reason why you held on so long.
@Excalibur0126 
but isnt this for pokemon showdown?
@Trashkinq They can be used for competitive battles in the video games too. You just have to breed them, EV train them, and teach them the moves.
The minute you think of giving up, think of the reason why you held on so long.
@Excalibur0126 Okay then! I'll give this a try! :3