I am indifferent to it
29.73%
11 29.73%
Total 37 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

My Problem with Powersaves and Genning
Thumbs Down 
Just to clarify early on, I have no problem with people getting their pokemon edited and using them. My problem is when people trade me powersaved pokemon, which take maybe 5 minutes to do, for something I spent a few days breeding, EV training and leveling up. I know that I have the right to refuse to trade these people, and I do when I know that is what they're trading me, but I don't always have this information. It's only after I trade them that I realize what I got when they ask someone to edit or "shinify" what I just traded them. I don't say anything to them and I don't ask for a trade back. I just shove whatever they gave me into a box and not use it. To me, it's a lot like giving the store owner at the register monopoly money. I do know that there will always be people who want legitimate pokemon over edited ones, but it just sucks when you give hard work and find out you got paid in dirt. -End of Rant-

So what is everyone's opinion on this?
While i was against Powersaves some time ago, because i felt like i was the only one "wasting time" doing things in the right way, we all should admit that sometimes the breeding process takes too much effort if you don't have the means to do that immediatly. For example, the process of giving Hidden Powers + Hidden Ability + Egg moves and.. sometimes you have to first get a right Ditto, then the right male pokemon with the right Egg Move and so on.. If you want to start from zero you will take a lot of time to make just one pokemon. And maybe you will use this pokemon just for few games because "the meta changes" or you don't have feeling with it.

A friend of mine bought a Powersaves because he has no time to do such things, and i cannot blame him. You could just breed Egg moves, Ability, moves+Tutor moves, and in the end of all this, just put the right IV through Power Save (for a certain Hidden Power or just 5IV). Is this something that makes a pokemon illegal? I don't think so, though i still don't approve "shinyfication" for other reasons.

As long as a pokemon has the following requirements: Blue pentagon, a total of 510 EV and legal moves and ability, you can consider it legal in my opinion, without further investigations.
I played 1 battle spot game total in XY because I had no time to breed and EV train a full team that worked well together. With ORAS I decided to get a powersaves so I could EV train and edit IV's and I've now been able to play over 70 games of battle spot in ORAS. powersaves don't cheapen anything you do if you want to spend the time to get your own shinies or legit pokemon thats your choice but you can't be mad when others who don't have the time to spend doing such things but still want to enjoy pokemon to it's fullest utilize powersaves
(Jan 28, 2015, 09:24 AM)mike3640 Wrote: I played 1 battle spot game total in XY because I had no time to breed and EV train a full team that worked well together. With ORAS I decided to get a powersaves so I could EV train and edit IV's and I've now been able to play over 70 games of battle spot in ORAS. powersaves don't cheapen anything you do if you want to spend the time to get your own shinies or legit pokemon thats your choice but you can't be mad when others who don't have the time to spend doing such things but still want to enjoy pokemon to it's fullest utilize powersaves

And I agree with that. Breeding, EV training and leveling all take time, so it's not for everyone. My problem with it is that, for me at least, it feels like I am getting cheated when I trade something that is 100% legitimate, for something that took 5 minutes to edit. For example I traded 2 BR pokes for 1 shiny BR poke. We both agreed that this was fair and I told him if he was unsatisfied he could come back and I would trade him back his shiny. 30 minutes pass in chat and I see him asking one of the powersavers if he could make the pokemon I traded him shiny. That kind of ticked me off. I spent a lot of time breeding those for egg moves, HA and so on. If I just wanted to get a shiny made I could have done so myself without going through the trouble of breeding stuff to trade for those pokemon I wanted. Again, I have nothing against people using powersaves for personal use or competitive use, it's the devaluation of trade I have the problem with.
This is interesting to me because when I see people say this I immediately ask the person if they use a 6iv ditto to make their "legitimate" Pokemon. Because I can guarantee that 99.99% of 6iv dittos are hacked. So it's hard to say that your Pokemon is truly legit if you used a hacked parent ditto...
#TeamForum

(Jan 28, 2015, 11:54 AM)tygaa2 Wrote: This is interesting to me because when I see people say this I immediately ask the person if they use a 6iv ditto to make their "legitimate" Pokemon. Because I can guarantee that 99.99% of 6iv dittos are hacked. So it's hard to say that your Pokemon is truly legit if you used a hacked parent ditto...

I agree, most people who breed BR pokemon use a the same 6IV shiny level 100 Ditto as the next person. I used 3 or 4 different Ditto for a long time and it is by far harder to get the 5IV pokemon you need. I have been trying to get a flawless 6IV Ditto, or even a 5IV, but I have had no luck what-so-ever. Thanks for all the input.
(Jan 28, 2015, 11:54 AM)tygaa2 Wrote: This is interesting to me because when I see people say this I immediately ask the person if they use a 6iv ditto to make their "legitimate" Pokemon. Because I can guarantee that 99.99% of 6iv dittos are hacked. So it's hard to say that your Pokemon is truly legit if you used a hacked parent ditto...

Although you do have a point in this that using a power saved 6iv did may be considered not legit, I still spent the time to breed a pokemon with the correct nature ability and egg moves and so forth. I DIDNT use powersaves to make a legitly hatched pokemon u legit by modifying it's stats after the egg hatches.

I am of the belief that unless I breed/catch the pokemon myself from scratch regardless if the parent ditto is legit or not, the outcome of the baby is still considered legit. I will refuse to use any pokemon in a battle that has been traded to me in any official format if I can't verify the legitimacy of its origins.
Just a though, from someone who doesn't care that much what other people do.
I play the game because i love it, so does most of you. And you play competitively because you like doing it.
Without genned or powersaved mons the "pool" of people playing would be smaller, and there would be fewer communities, fewer participants in tournaments, less stream viewers etc.

And buying, trading or making genned mons doesn't make you a better player. They still have to beat you using their brains xD
(Jan 28, 2015, 01:33 PM)Empex Wrote: Just a though, from someone who doesn't care that much what other people do.
I play the game because i love it, so does most of you. And you play competitively because you like doing it.
Without genned or powersaved mons the "pool" of people playing would be smaller, and there would be fewer communities, fewer participants in tournaments, less stream viewers etc.

And buying, trading or making genned mons doesn't make you a better player. They still have to beat you using their brains xD

Very true!
#TeamForum

That depends, actually. The source of my 6IV ditto is a guy who knows his Gen 5 RNG and catch it in a legitimate "random encounter" he uses his RNG knowledge.

I consider that legit, but more than likely someone will disagree with me.