Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[NEW MEMBER] Greetings!
Hello! My username is Hikikomari (though I've gone through a couple other names and understand that it's a bit clunky) and I just stumbled across this forum this morning and spent the next few hours deciding if I wanted to make an account and what I wanted to use the site for. I originally joined the site to find a different kind of forum than the one I'd been previously using, which had a higher TCG following with less of a close community than what I've seen here.

To explain my start, I've been a fan of Pokémon since practically my whole life but didn't start playing until 2007 when I bought a copy of Pokémon Diamond and fell in love. Pokémon has carried me through my life and it's one of the things I like the most. I had played Gen IV with friends at school, Gen V with a smaller amount of friends, and eventually by Gen VI the people I played with were either distant or had just lost interest in the series, so I moved to other ways I could connect with people through the series, leading me to online forums.

This isn't my first forum I've been on but already from the user interfaces and community I can tell I'll enjoy myself here. I plan to use the site for meeting people, online trading, and forum games, if people do those here.
Please treat me well!
@Hikikomari Welcome to the forums --- I am sure you will have an enjoyable time here too! Smile

PS: I saw your trade thread, it looks pretty nice!
 ~ Always ready to fire up the party! ~ 
Hello, @Hikikomari. Pleased to make your acquaintance.

Being new to this site myself, I share your enthusiasm for how friendly the community here seems to be, and I have similar goals as you've listed; though I daresay I'm not nearly so far into my Trainer journey as you've outlined above.

I've only been playing for little over a year; having then bought my first 3DS used, from a friend who was upgrading. I did originally play Red and Blue back in '99, and my fascination and appreciation for those games never really left me; although as the newer games were introduced, I never picked one up.

After trying to replay those games in an emulator a few times; only to realize trading for 'dex completion was not possible, followed by stints playing Pokémon GO and Pokémon Duel in turn, I finally decided to just jump fully back into the world of the mainseries games. I am now quite happy with that decision.

Anyway, I just wanted to say 'Hi' here, as a fellow recent community member. Cheers!
(Nov 20, 2018, 01:29 AM)Black Waterfall Wrote: @Hikikomari Welcome to the forums --- I am sure you will have an enjoyable time here too! Smile

PS: I saw your trade thread, it looks pretty nice!

Thank you! If you have any requests or would otherwise like to contribute, I encourage you to do so! It's basically all I've got running on this site right now.

(Nov 20, 2018, 06:44 PM)DrumminBeard Wrote: Hello, @Hikikomari. Pleased to make your acquaintance.

Being new to this site myself, I share your enthusiasm for how friendly the community here seems to be, and I have similar goals as you've listed; though I daresay I'm not nearly so far into my Trainer journey as you've outlined above.

I've only been playing for little over a year; having then bought my first 3DS used, from a friend who was upgrading. I did originally play Red and Blue back in '99, and my fascination and appreciation for those games never really left me; although as the newer games were introduced, I never picked one up.

After trying to replay those games in an emulator a few times; only to realize trading for 'dex completion was not possible, followed by stints playing Pokémon GO and Pokémon Duel in turn, I finally decided to just jump fully back into the world of the mainseries games. I am now quite happy with that decision.

Anyway, I just wanted to say 'Hi' here, as a fellow recent community member. Cheers!

Well it sounds like you've got quite the Trainer's Journey yourself, just in a different way. Welcome back to the game! It's definitely a different experience being able to trade, especially for collections or for Dex completion. I could never get into Pokémon GO or Pokémon Duel, while I totally fell in love with the former and enjoyed playing the latter, so you've got one up on me.
I like hearing people's experiences with starting with Red and Blue way back in the day. I hear a lot of different stories, some stick with it for life, some stop playing, some stop for a while and come back, and it's really interesting to me as someone who wasn't born until a little while after Gold and Silver's release.

Happy to be a new member along with you!