Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[NEW MEMBER] Shiny Breeder!
Hello everyone! I'm new here as should be obvious by the thread, so I would like to introduce myself.

I've been active on many pokemon trading boards and just recently discovered this awesome looking community and thought I would come to share the love.  :D

My username is Zhakien as you can all see, but I also go by Zhak for shot, or even Prof. Z.

I'm a fanatical UT shiny hunter and breeder, but that also leads me to my next question.

What is the stance here regarding TSV/ESV egg hatching? I've seen that Powersaves were stated to be against the rules, yet it looked like Pokegenning was allowed? Perhaps I just misread it, but in any case, I don't intend to gen any pokemon anyway. I only ask because checking a players TSV or an eggs ESV requires a way to back up a games save or some form of homebrew in order to read the save data. Would this be considered against the rules?  Huh

Also, I was curious about the stance on cloning as well.

I'd prefer to find an answer to these questions before starting a thread in the Trading/Breeding board.

And with that said, I'll be ending my rant here.

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Edit: Just combed over the rules again and looks like I did misread. Powersaves ARE allowed. That makes more sense. LOL Still curious about everyone's opinion on cloning tho.
Prof. Z at your service!
TSV: 2377(S), 2577(M), 3639(M2)
@Zhakien , welcome to Pokemon Forever!!!! Smile

Don't worry, I have a few friends who are shiny breeders. Smile

We are still a very small community so exchanging TSV might be quite difficult. Sad

Don't worry, Pokemon Forever is still a growing community. Smile

What makes Pokemon Forever so special as compared other Pokemon communities is that people here has courtesy. Smile

I have travelled to quite a few Pokemon communities in the past few months and have stayed in Pokemon Forever for around 2 months. I originally came from Reddit but left due to a full blown argument with the moderation team (because they are not doing their job) but I have enjoyed my time here. Smile

Well, you can try exchanging TSVs. And the good news is that I will start "TSV check" services in the community in March but I still need to get approval from the moderation team. Sad

Regarding my Friends who are also shiny breeders, they left Reddit alongside me to join Pokemon Forever/GameFAQs because they got pissed in their egg giveaways because their participants want the IVs, even though their shiny value does not match. Sad

Oh yeah, you can check out the Discord Channel, there are a lot of great people there! Smile
What is a signature and how do I get one?
(Feb 18, 2017, 08:10 AM)gkh1997 Wrote: @Zhakien , welcome to Pokemon Forever!!!! Smile

We are still a very small community so exchanging TSV might be quite difficult. Sad

What makes Pokemon Forever so special as compared other Pokemon communities is that people here has courtesy. Smile

I have travelled to quite a few Pokemon communities in the past few months and have stayed in Pokemon Forever for around 2 months. I originally came from Reddit but left due to a full blown argument with the moderation team (because they are not doing their job) but I have enjoyed my time here. Smile

Well, you can try exchanging TSVs. And the good news is that I will start "TSV check" services in the community in March but I still need to get approval from the moderation team. Sad

Regarding my Friends who are also shiny breeders, they left Reddit alongside me to join Pokemon Forever/GameFAQs because they got pissed in their egg giveaways because their participants want the IVs, even though their shiny value does not match. Sad

Oh yeah, you can check out the Discord Channel, there are a lot of great people there! Smile

Actually, I'm already offering TSV checks in the topic I just opened a couple hours ago. I hope that's not against some unspoken rule seing as how an ESV topic is kinda useless if no one knows what their TSV is. If you'd like, I can give you a hand checking TSVs and even ESVs for people once you get things set up. I just figured out the TEA ESV checking method which saves sooo much time not having to trade the eggs back and forth. :P

I'm actually very active over at GameFAQs and still use Reddit for a lot of my hatches, I also post over at Neoseeker from time to time, and I have a topic over at Pokecommunity. I'm basicly just branching out to new places in search of more potential hatchers.

I can understand you and your friends' frustrations with the Reddit community however as I've even seen arguements break out in giveaway topics. It's never a pretty sight. That's why I rarely if ever post giveaways there. I usually just check for matching TSVs and post in those topics. The waiting for replies kills me tho.  Undecided
Prof. Z at your service!
(Feb 18, 2017, 09:15 AM)Zhakien Wrote:
(Feb 18, 2017, 08:10 AM)gkh1997 Wrote: @Zhakien , welcome to Pokemon Forever!!!! Smile

Actually, I'm already offering TSV checks in the topic I just opened a couple hours ago. I hope that's not against some unspoken rule seing as how an ESV topic is kinda useless if no one knows what their TSV is. If you'd like, I can give you a hand checking TSVs and even ESVs for people once you get things set up. I just figured out the TEA ESV checking method which saves sooo much time not having to trade the eggs back and forth. :P

I'm actually very active over at GameFAQs and still use Reddit for a lot of my hatches, I also post over at Neoseeker from time to time, and I have a topic over at Pokecommunity. I'm basicly just branching out to new places in search of more potential hatchers.

I can understand you and your friends' frustrations with the Reddit community however as I've even seen arguements break out in giveaway topics. It's never a pretty sight. That's why I rarely if ever post giveaways there. I usually just check for matching TSVs and post in those topics. The waiting for replies kills me tho.  Undecided

I just asked one of the moderators here. Helping others checking TSVs are allowed. Smile

But we are still a small Pokemon community, I will continue to negotiate with the moderators about Shiny Value Exchanging. Smile

Well, I have not checked Neoseeker yet. :|
Awesome! I'll continue checking for people in that case.  Smile

I've been teaching some people how to check TSV/ESVs over at GameFAQs for little while now, so I'll see if any of them would be interested in giving PokemonForever a shot. At least then we can get some more TSV/ESV hunters in one place. :D

As for Neoseeker, there are a few threads offering TSV checks, but unfortunately it doesn't seem quite as popular over there as it used to be. Even so, it's worth taking a look.
Prof. Z at your service!
@gkh1997 
Not sure if you noticed, but I actually already made a TSV/ESV Shiny Guide. I even PMed Justin for approval and he said it was ok.

If you want to check it out or have any infor to add to it, feel free.

Here's a link in case you can't find it.
http://pokemonforever.com/Thread-NEWS-TS...hiny-Guide
Prof. Z at your service!
Wow, you are fast. :o

I have been studying for exams in the past few days. :/
@gkh1997
LOL I actually had made that guide over at GameFAQs board a while ago and only recently had time to revise it and post it over here.

Looks like it's gotten quite a few views too, so hopefully people have put it to good use.  :D

Good luck on your exams!
Prof. Z at your service!