Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[NEWS] Pokemon Sun & Moon Coming to Nintendo Switch
I say they still need to keep their handheld line separate, I mean for parents who want to buy handhelds for their kids don't want to buy something that bulky if you get what I mean, and handhelds are usually cheaper as well. Or offer cheaper more affordable versions. Mind you  I don't dislike the switch(though I doubt I will get one) just dont want it replacing the handhelds.
“Be clearly aware of the stars and infinity on high. Then life seems almost enchanted after all.” 
― Vincent Van Gogh
(Nov 21, 2016, 10:31 AM)Sigyn Wrote:
(Nov 19, 2016, 12:43 PM)Chakorah Wrote: I don't like the switch and hope it doesn't replace the traditional hand held line.

The switch will never replace the 3ds line, its too lucrative to scrap it, especailly not for a pilot product that the switch is going to be.
I just hope they don<t go down the road they took with the WII U.

I hope you're right, it feels a bit too soon to be the end of the 3ds.

Though if they did replace it, we would have have to buy them to keep up with Pokemon. </3
awwwwww yea   Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Heart
I am pretty sure they said the switch wasn't going to replace the 3ds, also i feel like this new game in development is either going to be something like colosseum or a sequel to sun and moon.
(Nov 23, 2016, 11:57 PM)Px1 Wrote: I am pretty sure they said the switch wasn't going to replace the 3ds, also i feel like this new game in development is either going to be something like colosseum or a sequel to sun and moon.
A game like Colosseum would be cool!
Am I the only one who is skeptic about this one? There's also a rumor of a third game called Pokemon Stars. Even the name sounds dumb. Should be called Eclipse or something.

And if a main game comes to switch, would it be the first main game to be released on console? I thought pokemon's made to be in handheld games so that we could play it anywhere anytime. I don't think Switch's battery could last that long when it's in handheld mode.

But that's just me. Carry on.
the thing is, back in 2004 the DS wasn't supposed to replace the GameBoy Advance. Yet it did, in a single year.

I'm pretty sure the Switch will replace the 3DS. Look at how the 3DS is having trouble handling Sun and Moon, it will turn 6 years old in february.
Besides, the price: a lot of analysts agree the price should be around 250$, not much more than a 3DS, and the NVIDIA Tegra means it will be able to run games that require more power.
Also, they will need famous titles on the Switch to make it popular: Zelda, Mario...and probably Pokemon.