Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[NEWS] Genning in Pokemon Sword/Shield is Dead
[Image: pokemon-sword-and-shield-1193132-1280x0.jpeg]

Hello everyone,

News has been discovered relating to the avaliability of Pokemon genning in SWSH. It occured to me that some have yet to receive this news, so here it goes:

Genning as we know it is completely DEAD in Generation 8. Nintendo Switches have been examined by the same people who created genning on the 3DS. After careful consideration, it has been discovered that there is zero exploit avaliable on Switch systems. Simply put, the Switch is so heavily protected against hacking that the same teams of hackers who PokeGenned cannot find any sort of exploit allowing hacking access to the Switch.

Nintendo Switches bought before a certain time (I don't remember off the top of my head, but it was in 2017) DO have an avaliable exploit to allow for hacking. HOWEVER, these Switches cannot access internet services (for that very reason, I presume), and therefore hacked Pokemon on these devices cannot be distributed except through Local Wireless (and seriously, who does that?).

So, what does this mean? Until, or rather if, a usable exploit to allow genning is found, Pokemon genning in Generation 8 is completely, positively dead. There will be no Gen 8 genned Pokemon giveaways. Your best bet? Gen Pokemon on the 3DS, transfer them to Gen 8 games when Pokemon Home releases, and trade them in Generation 8 from there. However, if Pokemon follows the same rules they have in the past, these Pokemon will be unusable competitively (Pokemon transferred from past games are usually banned in VGC, as far as I know). Pokemon released this Generation will have no genning avaliabity.

Anyways, I hope this can shed some light on this issue. I don't gen myself, and I avoid using hacked mons competitively, though I will admit to owning multiple 6 IV Dittos. I just see this as something very influential to the Pokemon community.

Thank you for your support of our forum, and enjoy Sword and Shield!

-RetroTyphlosion
VGC|Breeding|Forum Regular|Amethyst 0mega

PM me if you need help with competitive battling!