Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Need help with breeding
I am a decent breeder I believe as I have played Pokemon since FireRed. I understand everything about how the IVs works and such.
It seems that the RNG is against me. I have a 4 IV Ditto with 31/31/x/x/31/31 and a 4 IV Scraggy with 31/x/31/x/31/31 and when I use a Destiny Knot and everstone with them I am only getting a 1 or two IVs even though as far as I can tell the chances of having this happen everytime are extremely low.
Am I doing anything wrong? My Ditto has the Destiny Knot and my Scraggy has the Everstone.
You are not doing anything wrong. The odds of receiving a correct 5x 31 from those parents is roughly 5%. Meaning it should take you about 20 eggs on average. Luck just isn't on your side.

http://mkwrs.com/destiny_knot/ 
  • Breeding parents 31/31/x/x/31/31 and 31/x/31/x/31/31 will produce a 31/31/31/x/31/31 Pokemon 5.0781% of the time or 1 out of every 19.6923 eggs!
Quote:I have a 4 IV Ditto with 31/31/x/x/31/31 and a 4 IV Scraggy with 31/x/31/x/31/31 and when I use a Destiny Knot and everstone with them I am only getting a 1 or two IVs

Note: It is impossible to acquire a 1x 31 Pokemon when using two 4x 31 Parents in Generation Six.

Do you have a Pokemon with the correct 5x 31 that is capable of breeding with Scraggy? If so. You will increase the odds of getting the desired spread signficantly. If not, then may I suggest using the Trading section on this Forum? I am sure you will find plenty of people that are willing to give you a proper parent or even a Ditto.

Good luck,