Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

New evolution methods in Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon
With the release of Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon about 2 months away, I've been theorizing what the games will have in store for us. Gyms, new Pokémon, new Alola Forms etc. have all been touched upon but what about new evolution methods? If you could a new evolution method to Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon what would it be? Let me know in the reply section.

As for me, I'd like to see a method that has the player leave a Pokémon in a specific area for a set period of time and when the player returns the Pokémon will have evolved. I have a "Pokémon" set up for an example. The Pokémon is a baby Phoenix, and when it reaches Level 50 or something the player temporarily releases it for 24 hours. When you return the Pokémon will have evolved into an adult Phoenix and a text box appears saying: [A pile of ash remains where Burnth was left. Oh? Burnth evolved into Flarenix!] My Pokémon names rock Kappa
OU MASTER RACE
@"Anabel"

I always thought it'd be cool to have a pokémon evolve by levelling up, and then fainting in the same battle. Kind of like a 'death & rebirth' motif. Then upon evolving, it would restore its own health and be fully refreshed in the party. Obviously, this pokémon would probably have to be either Ghost and/or Dark-Type, but hey...a Kahuna can dream. Angel

- 0kamii
Amethyst Ωmega - Guild Leader/Founder 

(Aug 8, 2017, 10:27 AM)0kamii Wrote: @"Anabel"

I always thought it'd be cool to have a pokémon evolve by levelling up, and then fainting in the same battle. Kind of like a 'death & rebirth' motif. Then upon evolving, it would restore its own health and be fully refreshed in the party. Obviously, this pokémon would probably have to be either Ghost and/or Dark-Type, but hey...a Kahuna can dream. Angel

- 0kamii
Hiya 0kamii! How's it going? Also wow that'd be cool to have. I can imagine this for an Angel or Demon Pokémon.
OU MASTER RACE
I have a feeling that the Dusk Lycanroc is going to have some sort of new evolution mechanic, such as being in a certain place with the other forms of lycanroc or something during dusk. Think this would be a cool idea.
(Aug 8, 2017, 12:10 PM)Dimmsdale Wrote: I have a feeling that the Dusk Lycanroc is going to have some sort of new evolution mechanic, such as being in a certain place with the other forms of lycanroc or something during dusk. Think this would be a cool idea.

I can totally see that happening.
OU MASTER RACE
@"Anabel"

Hey, Anabel. Nice to have you back.
Big Grin  Things have been going well. I'm a Kahuna now, and I'm still making regular posts three times a week. I'm hoping to bring more of the shier forum browsers out of their shells, but I can only do so much alone. You know?

Anyway, I never considered the implications of an angel/demon pokémon. The Japanese do have their own kinds of demons, oni I believe they're called. They do usually have to die first, so yeah. A hypothetical demon pokémon that evolves by levelling up and then fainting! Where's the petition? I want that to be a thing!

- 0kamii
Amethyst Ωmega - Guild Leader/Founder 

I think a puzzle would be ridiculously fun
A pokemon that can be found end-game in Poni Island or something, like the whole Regi gimmick, something stupid and absurd to make a powerful evolution, though I don't know how it would evolve.

My idea could be to have all the Tapus in the first 4 slots in order of the islands and have all 4 faint, and in an empty slot some other tapu will appear, though there should be some clues and hints in various caves around the maps, and places like in Victory Road where no one would ever go.
@0kamii We need it >Smile 
@Reis A puzzle evolution would be very interesting to see
OU MASTER RACE
@"Anabel" nice idea but what do you think would it take to evolve rockruff into its new form?
(Aug 8, 2017, 09:34 PM)iimlF4nT4Sy Wrote: @"Anabel" nice idea but what do you think would it take to evolve rockruff into its new form?

I honestly agree with @Dimmsdale here, I think it will evolve at Dusk while having either both or one of the other Lycanroc Forms in your party. i.e. Midday for Ultra Sun and etc.
OU MASTER RACE