Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

New here! Hello!
Hey everyone,

With all the Pokemon 20th hype that's been going on, I've been getting back in to Pokemon after a very long hiatus. I played RBY a lot as a kid, but never played much after like 1999 or 2000. I never even played Gold or Silver. Then in 09, I bought a DS and Platinum. I enjoyed it, but I lost the DS with the Platinum cartridge in it (it may have been stolen at college... not sure) and never bothered to get a new one. 

When I heard about all the new Pokemon stuff, I went out and got myself a new 3DS XL for my birthday and Pokemon X. I beat the Elite 4 last week and completed the Central Kalos region pokedex. Since then, I've been trying to decide what to do next: shiny hunting, learning about competitive play, etc. I stumbled upon Justin's youtube channel in the midst of all that and lurked on the forums here for a bit.

In terms of video games, I'm usually a console gamer. I've spent a lot of time on Destiny in the last year and a half, but haven't touched it since last October. Since then, I've played a lot of Halo 5 and Battlefront, but now I'm in to Pokemon. I may pick up the Division next week, but I bought Alpha Sapphire and may start that up soon as well. I'm a graduate student, I'm married, and I work so my video game time is limited.

Anyways, this seems like a cool community and I'm excited to be back in to Pokemon now! My friend code is 5215-3614-3569 and IGN is Robbie. I need some friend safaris so add me if possible! Thank you!
Welcome to the Site and I'll add you
(Mar 3, 2016, 12:01 PM)Krewe Chief Wrote: Then in 09, I bought a DS and Platinum. I enjoyed it, but I lost the DS with the Platinum cartridge in it (it may have been stolen at college... not sure) and never bothered to get a new one. 

Ok so the timing of this is crazy. My mom was cleaning out my old room back home and actually found my old DS with Platinum yesterday! I came home today and it was so crazy looking back at some of the old Pokemon I remember! I'm going to hunt down a copy of Black or White tomorrow so I can transfer my Platinum 'mons up to the current gen! So awesome!! Smile