Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Hey Guys and Gals, My name is Yabooi aka Justin, i'm fairly new to the competitive pokemon scene and i am loving every bit of the learning experince. I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to help me put together a team.

As of now i have

Whimsicott who is my primary tank
Greninja who covers typing and sweeps pretty easy
Aegislash pretty good back up threat. (looking to replace with either Haxorus or Bisharp)

i am missing 3 slots to this team and still no clue who i would run as a mega. please ideas.
i will try to trade for the pokemon suggested for what trades i do have. please message me or just reply down below <3 <3

IGN: Yabooi
FC: 3926-7452-7603
I recommend starting with choosing who your Mega Evolution will be and then building around that. For example, let's say you wanted to use Mega Lopunny. First you want to look at it's weaknesses. Lopunny is weak to Fighting-type Pokemon, so maybe use a Ghost-type like Gengar that is immune to Fighting-type attacks. Mega Lopunny is also weak to Flying-types (I'm looking at you, Talonflame) so make sure you have a Pokemon that has a Rock- or Electric-type attack to deal with those.

Other than that, there are some staples that I believe every singles team needs to have:
Stealth Rock user - Incredibly important! Since there's so many switches in a single match, Stealth Rocks wears your opponent's team down. Skarmory or Ferrothorn work nicely, but there are others
Cleric - You need a Pokemon that can heal status conditions. Evolite Chensey is always a good choice as it's a huge wall, allowing it to soak up some hits while doing what it needs to do
Hazard Remover - A Pokemon with Rapid Spin or another move that removes oppenent's Stealth Rocks, Toxic Spikes, etc.

I know I didn't really take a look at the partially done team you have now, but I think going back and choosing a Mega Evolution should be the first thing you do. I hope this somewhat helped!
(Feb 26, 2015, 10:48 AM)DanielJames Wrote: I recommend starting with choosing who your Mega Evolution will be and then building around that. For example, let's say you wanted to use Mega Lopunny. First you want to look at it's weaknesses. Lopunny is weak to Fighting-type Pokemon, so maybe use a Ghost-type like Gengar that is immune to Fighting-type attacks. Mega Lopunny is also weak to Flying-types (I'm looking at you, Talonflame) so make sure you have a Pokemon that has a Rock- or Electric-type attack to deal with those.

Other than that, there are some staples that I believe every singles team needs to have:
Stealth Rock user - Incredibly important! Since there's so many switches in a single match, Stealth Rocks wears your opponent's team down. Skarmory or Ferrothorn work nicely, but there are others
Cleric - You need a Pokemon that can heal status conditions. Evolite Chensey is always a good choice as it's a huge wall, allowing it to soak up some hits while doing what it needs to do
Hazard Remover - A Pokemon with Rapid Spin or another move that removes oppenent's Stealth Rocks, Toxic Spikes, etc.

I know I didn't really take a look at the partially done team you have now, but I think going back and choosing a Mega Evolution should be the first thing you do. I hope this somewhat helped!

Thanks a lot i am probably going to go with a Mega-Scizor.