Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[ORAS] Dex Nav Chaining??
no radar so is dex nav chaining a thing?
(Nov 22, 2014, 06:00 PM)Conor Wrote: no radar so is dex nav chaining a thing?

I believe it is. I tryed chaining as soon as I got the dex nav and noticed a few things. When you detect a pkm and faint them theres a high chance that when you detect the pkm will show up again. However when I ran or captured one it always seemed to not detect the pkm I was looking for. There is a guy in the begining of the game that says you can catch rare pkm with the dex nav the same phrase that was said in D/P/P. Once we figure it out Im sure its going to be a blast.
I honestly hope it is possible. So far, people are trying to claim it isn't possible, but you have to remember that it is indeed a new game. As Pokelander mentioned, I think there is good potential in the use of the DexNav, and I'm thinking maybe search levels for different Pokemon may play into it as well.

If anyone has a clear answer, please post and at least let me know! It's going to be really fun being able to get shinies!
(Nov 22, 2014, 06:17 PM)Pokélander Wrote:
(Nov 22, 2014, 06:00 PM)Conor Wrote: no radar so is dex nav chaining a thing?

I believe it is. I tryed chaining as soon as I got the dex nav and noticed a few things. When you detect a pkm and faint them theres a high chance that when you detect the pkm will show up again. However when I ran or captured one it always seemed to not detect the pkm I was looking for. There is a guy in the begining of the game that says you can catch rare pkm with the dex nav the same phrase that was said in D/P/P. Once we figure it out Im sure its going to be a blast.

That's super helpful! I'm hoping to test it out later tonight after getting my search levels up with hordes!
I hope it is! I'd be bummed if there was no equivalent to the radar for shiny hunting!
I have been chaining for a bout 2 hours now with the dexnav it sure seems like it's possible to get a shiny this way but no luck yet :/