Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[ORAS] How To Destroy The Battle Maison
Ahhhh! Sweet revenge! I have achieved thee.

You probably understand my satisfaction as I am closing in on a 100 winstreak in the Battle Maison. How did I get such success? With all the odds stacked against me such as status (burn, paralysis, sleep), accuracy drops/evasion boosts, random Quick Claws, random Focus Sashes, etc etc. Well - here is the team I used to get so far.

[Image: durant.gif]

Durant @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Truant
Level: 50
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Entrainment
- Iron Head
- X-Scissor
- Crunch

First off is the most important Pokemon to my strategy. Durant leads so that I can use Entrainment, causing the opponent's ability to become Truant. Every 2nd turn, the opponent becomes unable to do anything. So I switch in my sweeper to set up on them, whether Durant clings to life or not. If it doesn't, just means a free Dragon Dance for this Pokemon.

[Image: altaria-mega.gif]

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Heal Bell

The AI (Artificial Intelligence) aren't too bright. They won't switch out to remove Truant. So Altaria can sit there and alternate between Protect and Dragon Dance without taking any damage really. (Note: You can abuse Dragon type attacks launched into ur Protects by Dragon Dance'ing as you Mega Evolve. Very cheeky Wink ) I'm usually satisfied with 3 boosts against a regular trainer or more against trainers with legendary Pokemon, since they might have a Heatran which strongly resists Pixilate Return.

[Image: quagsire.gif]

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Earthquake
- Encore

Quagsire is for Pokemon that Mega Altaria and Durant don't really deal with too well. Fire types, Steel types, Poison types, Pokemon that like to setup (notably Curse users like Registeel or Hippowdon). Due to it's Unaware ability and defensive investment, partnered with Recover and Leftovers, Quagsire is pretty hard to take down. So it can stall out all kinds of things. Encore can be pretty useful for locking a Pokemon into a move that doesn't really cause any damage. (i.e. During a recent game, I used Encore on an Ampharos the turn that it couldn't do anything bcuz of Truant, and locked it into Thunder. It allowed me to finish it off without the risk of a crit basically ensuring the victory.)

How this team came to be:
I was interested in finding a strategy to get me far in the Battle Maison. A team that could potentially go forever. My friend (I believe it was either @Drub87 or @GingerxPug ; I'm sorry to whichever one it was) suggested using Truant Entrainment Durant to 'cheese' through the Battle Maison.

I then looked for a partner for it. Something that could sweep. I liked Dragon Dance for sweeping. So initially, I chose Mega Salamence. It's incredibly strong with just ONE Dragon Dance. I settled on Mega Altaria because Durant covers it better. Mega Altaria's weaknesses are Dragon, Fairy, Poison, and Ice. All of those are resisted by Durant, except for Poison. It is immune to that. Which can make for a great way to get Mega Altaria setup again if I should switch out.

Quagsire was basically already explained. Defensive Pokemon, sabotages setup. It can take hits that the other two don't want to and they both resist it's one weakness: Grass (unless you count my favourite Ice type move, Freeze Dry.)

Weaknesses:
Losing Members: The strategy falls apart if you lose Pokemon early, bcuz then you don't have safe switches and could be stuck facing something the fallen member did well against. Remember, the Battle Maison will do whatever it can to make you lose.

Quick Claw and/or OHKO Moves: Moves like Fissure and Sheer Cold can be found on Pokemon that are also holding Quick Claw. These Pokemon have the uncanny ability to hit their OHKO moves all too frequently. Similar to how Quick Claws tend to go off first turn.

Ferrothorn: I don't recall seeing many of these, but you can see how weak the team is to it. It can be played around if Durant hasn't fainted.

In closing, I would like to hear what kinds of strategies you guys have used to get far in the Battle Maison. And thanks for reading through my post. Smile