Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[ORAS] How to start filling National Dex?
Smile 
I am currently at 350/719 which means i have a long way to go. Can you guys share your experience from filling the national dex to get the shiny charm? I would like to know how you start with and how would you continue filling when you are at my stage. I am pretty sure asking someone to help with 350 pokemon is going to take a long time and i wouldn't want to burden someone to do that for me, that's the easy way out, whats the point of doing it then? So, guys/girls, please share your experience and method with me. Thank you!
the first thing i did was catch everything you can normally find in the wild and breed/evolve them. next i caught and traded over all the version exclusive legends from my other version (getting a buddy to help with trading since i don't have two consoles and haven't gotten around to getting pokemon bank even though i absolutely should) and used them to catch the thirds of trios like kyurem and giratina.

after that, start searching for what you need on the gts, and if there are no fair trades, just put up something that was a pain to evolve for it. people tend to respond quickly to stone-evolved or trade-evolved pokemon in my experience. if you lack evolution stones, you can either use the "super secret training" courses in super training to get stones, or i can help with some of them if you'd like. i can also breed all starters for you if you're missing them
(Oct 5, 2015, 11:31 PM)Nezha Wrote: the first thing i did was catch everything you can normally find in the wild and breed/evolve them. next i caught and traded over all the version exclusive legends from my other version (getting a buddy to help with trading since i don't have two consoles and haven't gotten around to getting pokemon bank even though i absolutely should) and used them to catch the thirds of trios like kyurem and giratina.

after that, start searching for what you need on the gts, and if there are no fair trades, just put up something that was a pain to evolve for it. people tend to respond quickly to stone-evolved or trade-evolved pokemon in my experience. if you lack evolution stones, you can either use the "super secret training" courses in super training to get stones, or i can help with some of them if you'd like. i can also breed all starters for you if you're missing them

hey thanks for sharing! As for starters, i dont think i can get it anywhere else in ORAS besides trading, so.. i need

bulbasaur
cyndaquil
chikorita
piplup
turtwig
i happen to have those already bred and ready to go since i went on kind of a breeding spree a while back. i'm ready to trade whenever you are
hey thank you for your starters, what about legendaries ? Do you have tornadus, reshiram, palkia ? If you have them, can i borrow for 30mins ?
of course. don't feel rushed or anything, though. i want them back for collection's sake, but i have no immediate need for them
Once a moron needed 2 of my shinies to fill the regional pokedex, so I let hi my shinies Gardevoir and Sableye, but the god damn boy didn´t give them back. But then I tricked him to give me a shiny Swampert for my shiny chespin.
Hey markings if you need any of these legends / Pokemon X mons to fill up your dex with (Jirachi (Shiny), Manaphy, Mew, Shaymin, Lugia, Kyurem, Latias) I'm happy to help. So as long as you aren't doing a LivingDex then it's fine, I could lend em to you for a bit Smile
Probably the slowest Kalos trainer ever: Over 150 hours & still at Coumarine City.
Check out our egg giveaway - The Egg Collaborations

Do not PM me for now - inbox full!
If you could help me as well it would be awesome.

I'm playing alpha sapphire :P
I started filling the Hoenn dex first, since that was the easiest because I'm playing Omega Ruby. For the starters, I bred my starter and just put the babies on the GTS for every other starter. Then I just started breeding my rarer pokes and put up those babies for every poke I needed, in order of dex number. But I would only ask for first stage pokes, so I'd ask for caterpie and weedle etc, not butterfree and beedrill. And whenever I had collected 5 new basic pokes I'd just go through the pokemon league to evolve them while trading on the GTS at the same time. And when it came time for the legendaries, I caught every single one I could in my game and traded them for the ones I couldn't catch. As for trade evolve pokemon, I just put up, for example, a Haunter for a Haunter and they get traded fairly quickly. Pokemon that need to be traded with an item to evolve are harder to get, I remember dusknoir taking me a while to obtain.