Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[ORAS] Soft Resets
Hello!
I have soft reseted for days for a shiny Treecko a few moths ago, without result. Yesterday I started SRing for Reshiram and I thoughed: this isn't going to work. I did about 200 encounters and then went to sleep. Today I found a sparkling Reshiram with modest nature and good IVs (with special attack :D ) between 100 and 200 encounters! I was hyped and decided I wanted to complete the trio. Kyurem is up next. I wanted to know if anybody else has good expirience with SRing. Let me know it!

BTW it was without shiny charm!!!
I've tried multiple times but gave up on them after i tried too long for my taste, so my sr luck is kinda bad xD
Nice catch on the reshiram! Smile
Thanks! I was lucky enough to catch it in my favourite pokeball (Luxury) and already EV trained in special attack. It has the maximum. Hopefully you will have better luck next time! Smile
My first experience with SR was my absolute best. I learned about SR in ORAS, and when I first tried it, I got a shiny terrakion in 29 SRs!! SR is kind of frustrating to me (especially after doing it for DAYS on end), so I normally get to about 500-2k SR and then I'll go hunt for regular shinies or SR another legendary and come back to that specific one later. It has really helped when it comes to shiny hunting, and I was able to get a shiny lugia in 229 SR and shiny mesprit in 299 (not counting previous attempts)! (◍•ᴗ•◍)❤
Found a shiny? Talk about it here!!
Nice! Do you use the shiny charm? Otherwise you are very very lucky! Reshiram is kinda special to me cause it was the first legendary that I used while I understand pokemon. Which legends did you get already?
@Tomatoman1  I did have the shiny charm when I did it! That first SR was sooooo long ago, maybe like 2014?

So far I've caught: terrakion, zekrom, lugia, cobalion, and mesprit. I was working on latios but I got to 1.8k SR and that's when I started resetting for mesprit! I'm currently working on virizon but I have to wait because of the day requirements for it, so I'm probably going to SR for kyurem now :D
I am doing Kyurem too! Tip for eons: if you hunt for them with the eon ticket,  you can just run and re-encounter immidiatly. You have a nice collection! Zekrom is on my list to, and so are Raikou and Virizion. Good luck with Kyurem!
BTW if you save on the Pathless Plain on a "Virizion-day" you can encounter it on the other days as well! The only downside is that you can't leave the island Undecided
(Sep 30, 2016, 10:58 AM)Tomatoman1 Wrote: I am doing Kyurem too! Tip for eons: if you hunt for them with the eon ticket,  you can just run and re-encounter immidiatly. You have a nice collection! Zekrom is on my list to, and so are Raikou and Virizion. Good luck with Kyurem!

BTW if you save on the Pathless Plain on a "Virizion-day" you can encounter it on the other days as well! The only downside is that you can't leave the island Undecided

I just do the SR out of habit, I've never been comfortable running away and re-encountering because it feels like it's on the same file and nothing's changed, just my weird superstition though XD I haven't even touched the legendary dogs yet, TBH I kind of forgot about them (and the regis lol)!

Yea, I was SRing for it on a non-virizon day but out of my habit of chain-fishing/poke-radaring I pressed Y and used the eon flute LOL, it's fine though, I've been meaning to get back to kyurem because I've neglected it for a looooong time now (the last SR# for it was like 2.5k I got so frustrated I just gave up on him for a loooooong while).

Good luck with your future SRs!!!
Thanks, you to! I'll inform you when the legends shine!