Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[ORAS] Useful NPC's in ORAS Part 1
I was looking through the forum and saw there's no Thread talking about important NPC's in ORAS so I decided to make one to help the community :D

1. Name Rater
The name rater is located northwest of the Pokemon Center in Slateport City. He has the ability to change the nickname of any Pokemon that was caught or bred by you (you can't change the nickname of any Pokemon traded over to you).
[Image: namerater.jpg]

2. Pokemon Groomer (Massage Lady)
The massage lady is located in western part of the ground level floor in Mauville City where there's some shopping stalls. When you talk to her she will massage the lead Pokemon in your party making it friendlier towards you free of charge BUT only once a day. She will give your Pokemon a big friendliness boost if the Pokemon ain't friendly to you and a small boost if it already is. Important NPC to help your friendship maximize for Return (A move who's damage is based on the Pokemon's friendship).
Here's how to calculate Return's damage:

Base Power = Pokemon Happiness / 2.5
This gives a maximum result of 102 base power and a minimum result of 1 base power
Max Happiness: 255
Least Happiness: 0
[Image: massage.jpg]

3. Happiness Checker
Located in the lowest left-most house in Verdanturf Town you'll find the Happiness Checker lady. The happiness checker will of course check your lead Pokemon's happiness towards you (very important to know the damage Return/Frustration will cause). She will tell you how happy your Pokemon is by using the following statements:
It’s extremely friendly toward you. It couldn't possibly love you more. It’s a pleasure to see! 250+ Happiness
It seems to be very happy. It’s obviously friendly toward you.   200-249 Happiness
It’s quite friendly toward you. It seems to want to be babied a little.  150-199 Happiness
It’s getting used to you. It seems to believe in you.  100-149 Happiness
It’s not very used to you yet. It neither loves nor hates you.   50-89 Happiness
It’s very wary. It has a scary look in its eyes. It doesn't like you much at all.  1-49 Happiness
This is a little hard for me to say... Your Pokemon simply detests you. Doesn't that make you uncomfortable?  0 Happiness

Here's how to calculate Return's damage:

Base Power = Pokemon Happiness / 2.5
This gives a maximum result of 102 base power and a minimum result of 1 base power

Here's how to calculate Frustrations's damage:

Base Power = (255 - Pokémon Happiness) / 2.5
[Image: happinesschecker.jpg]

4. EV Checker
The EV Checker is located in the Slateport City Market, this Pokemon Breeder will check the Effort Values of the Pokemon, should you not wish to use Super Training. If your Pokemon has maxed out the Effort Values, then she will give your Pokemon the Effort Ribbon.
[Image: evchecker.jpg]

5. Move Reminder
The Move Reminder is arguably the most important Move Tutor in the game. This guy, located in the house in the north-west of Fallarbor Town, will teach your Pokemon any move that is in its level up move list. In addition to that, if the Pokemon hatched from an Egg with an egg move, was caught with an Egg move using the DexNav, or is an event Pokemon with specific moves exclusive to that event, the Pokemon will be able to relearn that move if it has forgotten it. The Move Reminder does this for the simple price of 1 Heart Scale.
[Image: movereminder.jpg]

6. Move Deleter
The Move Deleter is located within the top part of Lilycove City and will gladly delete a move for you. Normally, all moves can be overwritten, but this is incredibly useful if you're trying to delete an HM from a Pokemon, which is common in Hoenn due to there being more HMs in this region.
[Image: movedeleter.jpg]

7. Hidden Power Checker
Located in the second house from the left in the top row of Fortree City, you will find a house with these old women in. While one gives you TM10, Hidden Power, the one on the right will tell you what type your Pokemon's Hidden Power will be if it uses the move.
[Image: hiddenpower.jpg]

8. IV Checker
Located in the Battle Resort's Pokemon Center is the special IV Judge. This man will tell you the best of your Pokémon's stats, in fact telling you multiple stats this time. In addition to that, he will rate the overall potential your Pokemon has, giving a rating of all of the IVs of the Pokemon.
After selecting a Pokémon
"I see... I see.."
"This Pokémon's potential is (Pokémon's potential) overall."
"That's how I judge it, anyway."
Highest individual stat
"Incidentally, I would say its greatest potential lies in its (best stat)"
If the Pokémon has two or more equally good best stats, then he will add one of the following lines:
"But its Attack stat is good, too."
"Hmm. And its Defense stat is good, too."
"Although its Sp. Atk stat is equally good."
"Its Sp. Def stat seems just as good, though."
"And, well, its Speed stat is good, too."
To describe the value of the Pokémon's highest IV(s), he will use one of the following lines:
IV range of 0-15: "It has rather decent stats, I'd say. That's how I judge it."
IV range of 16-25: "It's definitely got some good stats. That's how I judge it."
IV range 26-30: "This Pokémon has some fantastic stats. That's how I judge it."
IV of 31: "Stats like those... They simply can't be beat! That's how I judge it."
[Image: ivjudge.jpg]

For Part 2 Click Here
For Move Tutors In ORAS Click Here
3DS Friend Code: 1994-2119-6025
SuMo IGN - Moon
You have forgotten the Pokemon Center Nurse Kappa
Great Job !
Another Great post Wicked!
#TeamForum

(Jan 14, 2015, 12:10 PM)Shifu Wrote: You have forgotten the Pokemon Center Nurse Kappa
Great Job !
hahaha I did xD
(Jan 14, 2015, 12:13 PM)tygaa2 Wrote: Another Great post Wicked!
Thanks :D expect the move tutors next and after that an advance breeding guide (passing down HP types and all that)
3DS Friend Code: 1994-2119-6025
SuMo IGN - Moon
Great post, might also be worth noting that the IV checker also tells you which stats you have a 0 IV in. Smile