Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[PC] Heroes of the Storm
OK guys, the Heroes of the Storm Closed Beta is rolling out and would like to get a discussion going about it.

I've had the Technical Alpha for a couple of weeks and played through it a bit. I really like it. I play League of Legends and Smite but not DOTA 2 so I have a little experience in MOBAs.

There are many things I like over other MOBAs. First off, there isn't any gold or items. This streamlines the leveling process so you focus more about hero abilities rather than grinding gold for a particular item to boost you character. Speaking of, the hero abilities give a wide range of options when playing characters. Each character has a choice of 5 abilities to select upon reaching a certain level, as well as given two options for an ultimate ability. This makes the characters unique in not only the gameplay but also the different "builds" you can make with them. Each game you can select different abilities depending on what you want to try or what the team needs.

Also, teamwork is really important here. The is no individual level, there is a team level, so no one character is underleveled if they die too much. I think this is really good because it allows players to not be slowed down by an underleveled character.

Another bonus is there are a variety of maps, each with a unique task to give your team an advantage over the other. Most of this revolves around collecting something to give an overall advantage over the opposite team. This changes the gameplay from just grinding and pushing to building resources to overcome the team.

So what do you guys think of the game? I recommend checking it out if you get the chance Smile

I'm hoping to stream some gameplay in the future for you guys to watch if you're interested.
I love the game too. Not sure if anyone else here really plays it =/
Follow us on Twitter @_pokemonforever
Learn about us on our Welcome Page
Watch us play games on Twitch.tv
I think we just have to give it more time. Still early in its release so still has to build up a following Smile
I've got into the Tech alpha a few months ago and have loved playing the game so much, I actually have almost completely stopped playing league of legends in favor of playing Heroes of the Storm, I love the talent system set up in place of having items, I have not played a MOBA so different and I love it!
(Jan 13, 2015, 07:47 PM)ziloporroz Wrote: I've got into the Tech alpha a few months ago and have loved playing the game so much, I actually have almost completely stopped playing league of legends in favor of playing Heroes of the Storm, I love the talent system set up in place of having items, I have not played a MOBA so different and I love it!

Same once I started HotS I haven't played LoL. Gonna feel weird jumping between the two but I feel this will suit the casual players more while still catering to the MOBA veterans Smile
At the moment I actually don't have anyone else I can play with since its still closed beta, would it be alright if I added your battle tag?
Sure, feel free to add me: AshenKrow#1684

I generally only play on weekends and sometimes stream it it that's OK Smile
Thats fine with me, I'm Zilo#1390
(Jan 13, 2015, 06:50 PM)Justin Wrote: I love the game too. Not sure if anyone else here really plays it =/

blizzard thinks we're not cool
I'm actually NZero

The site doesn't let me change profile name
I play HotS. I love. I have been in the alpha for awhile now and obviously in the closed beta. I have played most MoBAs out there and the only one I liked was Smite. Now after playing this.....I think I found my MoBA. My main currently is Vhalla the Demon Hunter. If anyone would like to play feel free to add me at Aerialslayer#1331.