Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

IV Troubles, Need Help
I don't think I'm truly understanding this whole IV thing, so could someone please explain why this scenario occurs?
In the Day Care Annex on Omega Ruby, I have an Italian Ditto with all 6 IVs perfect. This Ditto is holding a Destiny Knot. I also have a Beldum with perfect IVs in all categories except for Speed, which isn't 0. This Beldum is holding an Everstone and has the Quiet nature.
After breeding multiple Beldum with this pair, I would theoretically get the following data at worst:
  • Four perfect IVs
  • Whatever the Beldum's speed is (not 0)
  • Random IV for the fifth stat
After all, the Destiny Knot transfers five IVs to the offspring as chosen from each parent at random, right? Apparently not, because 50% of the Beldum I hatched have these stats:
  • Non-perfect HP, SpD, Spe
  • Perfect Att, Def, SpA
How the heck is this possible?! I'm so confused! Please help me understand this!!!
You can find me on YouTube, Steam, and Twitter if you need to
Are you sure your ditto and Beldum have 31 in the stats you're looking at? If they do, the man in battle resort Pokemon center will list off the highest stats they have and end with "Stats like these...simply can't be beat!" If he ends with anything else, it means the stats he mentioned had less than 31 ivs.
(Apr 3, 2016, 12:18 PM)Cheesy Demon Wrote: Are you sure your ditto and Beldum have 31 in the stats you're looking at? If they do, the man in battle resort Pokemon center will list off the highest stats they have and end with "Stats like these...simply can't be beat!" If he ends with anything else, it means the stats he mentioned had less than 31 ivs.

that's the method I used to determine those stats
Doenst work with beldum rotom or phione
(Apr 3, 2016, 12:54 PM)Aaroniskill1996 Wrote: Doenst work with beldum rotom or phione

really? why not?
Dunno why i tried it with them in both daycares and with multiple 6iv dittos just doesnt work
(Apr 3, 2016, 01:22 PM)Aaroniskill1996 Wrote: Dunno why i tried it with them in both daycares and with multiple 6iv dittos just doesnt work

damn. should work with Bagon and pretty much any gendered Pokemon right?
It should work with any breedable Pokemon. I'll have to test this myself when I have the chance to get on.
The minute you think of giving up, think of the reason why you held on so long.
It seems I was right. I bred a competitive Beldum and not once did I get one below 4 IVs when breeding a 5 IV Beldum with a 6 IV Ditto. So there's only three situations I can think of for your case.

1. Your Beldum doesn't have 5 IVs. You can check if it has 5 IVs by going to the IV checker and he'll list off your best stats for IVs. If he ends with "Stats like those... They simply can't be beat! That's how I judge it.", then you have perfect 31 IVs in each of the stats he listed. If he says anything else at the end, you don't have any perfect IVs.

2. Similar to the first situation, your Ditto doesn't have 6 IVs.

3. You're not using the Destiny Knot. Even without the Destiny Knot, the parents will pass down 3 unique IVs to the child. The other 3 will be randomized, so it's still possible to get 4, 5, or even 6 perfect IVs. The chance to get the IVs you want in one stat are 1/32 or 0.03125%.
The minute you think of giving up, think of the reason why you held on so long.