Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Paul Chua's Sand Team
Oh man. So yesterday, Aaron Zheng uploaded a video of him facing Paul Chua. Honestly, when you climb high enough on battle spot, you tend not to see pokemon like T-Tar, even Excadrill for that matter. I play a lot of battle spot and I have yet to face a good sand team, as I am in the 1700s right now. Just check it out. He 3-0'd Aaron.

I know this combination is not new, but I wish we were able to see the synergy of Paul's other pokemon in battle as well. I would have loved to see if he used the sand in any other way.
I've seen a few 1800+ players using Tyranitar in the past weeks. ScarfTyranitar is still a threat on the first turns when you don't expect it to be scarfed, but if you have a pokemon with an ability like Pressure, you can already scout the Choice Scarf on turn 1. But this is not the case. I think he's using SashExcadrill and Lum Berry/Chople Berry Tyranitar, then Safety Googles Togekiss, Expert Belt Gastrodon, Leftovers/WP/LO Aegislash and the last one should be the mega, Salamence, but i might be wrong (on T-Tar and Aegislash in particular)

T-Tar + Excadrill + Gastrodon + Togekiss is a great core.
M-Mence + Gastrodon + Aegislash + Togekiss is another great core.

Yeah, i kinda like that team too.