Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Poke'Strange ~
(May 31, 2015, 01:05 AM)kuun_kun Wrote:
(May 30, 2015, 05:23 PM)Apo Wrote: not sure if that would be "strange" but what about types weaknesses?

Why is water weak to electricity? you will say because water condut electricity...

if we follow the physics/chemistery concept, pure water is an insulator, the minerals in the water are the conductors, so Rock should be weak to Electricity

I have to disagree here :P
Water pokémon don't exist solely of pure water? They have a body (eventhough it might be like 90% water) so there has to be something that holds it together and gives them structure (otherwise they'd be looking like ditto kappa).

I know the science but even then if they were 99% covered in pure water electricity would be harmful.
Also looking at rock: Flying (wind) erodes rock together with water and earth/plants, so why isn't flying super effective?
I think there are more than only 1 strange type weaknesses Smile

Technically speaking steel pokémon could be made out of insulator metals as well, but they don't resist electricity either....

then if the body structure is the cause every pokemon should be weak to electricity, every living organism is made out of water, out of bones etc, im more looking at the water they are creating

and about Flying type, I think the devs looked more at birds than wind, and birds do not really break rocks

and about steel, I think neutral makes sense, because depending on the steel, it could be a conductor or an insulator
Good point Smile
Though I think the dev's also didn't look into pure water or the science behind it that much :P (maybe we're just overthinking this whole pokémon game kappa)
(Jun 1, 2015, 12:20 PM)kuun_kun Wrote: Good point Smile
Though I think the dev's also didn't look into pure water or the science behind it that much :P (maybe we're just overthinking this whole pokémon game kappa)

do you mean we are smarter than the devs? KappaHD
(Jun 1, 2015, 12:39 PM)Apo Wrote: do you mean we are smarter than the devs?  KappaHD

Don't hold me accountable KappaHD