Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Question about PokeDex's
As I'm new to all of this Pokemon cards and playing etc.. I'm looking to learn and find out about everything that I can as I am trying to catch up to all of the stuff that makes up Pokemon. My questions are, What is a PokeDex? and What does it do for an individual to have one?
I may have more questions so bear with me if I ask a common question that everyone here knows without a problem.
I thank you for your time and help!!
@SlowPokéDad 

A Pokedex is basically a list of all the Pokemon species ever owned by the player. Finishing it allows access to a lovely item called the Shiny Charm.... which boosts the likelihood of you encountering a shiny Pokemon greatly. Plus, bragging rights if you finish it.

If you don't mind me asking, which Pokemon game are you playing? I might be able to help you complete your Pokedex.... and feel free to ask me any basic Pokemon questions. I, too, was a noob once.  Big Grin

Thanks,

Retro
VGC|Breeding|Forum Regular|Amethyst 0mega

PM me if you need help with competitive battling!
(Feb 12, 2020, 12:09 PM)RetroTyphlosion Wrote: @SlowPokéDad 

A Pokedex is basically a list of all the Pokemon species ever owned by the player. Finishing it allows access to a lovely item called the Shiny Charm.... which boosts the likelihood of you encountering a shiny Pokemon greatly. Plus, bragging rights if you finish it.

If you don't mind me asking, which Pokemon game are you playing? I might be able to help you complete your Pokedex.... and feel free to ask me any basic Pokemon questions. I, too, was a noob once.  Big Grin

Thanks,

Retro

Not totally sure Iknow what yuou mean by species but I think I have an idea.. Not totally sure though.. LOL
Not sure on everything I see or read online, some I'm lost on!! LOL.. Not sure on the Shiny Charm I must say..
By species are you meaning the color of each set? Fairy, Psychic, Water etc?

I'm mainly into the Pokemon TCG, collecting and playing.. My daughter has been into collecting cards for about 7 years just for the cards and didn't know much about them until recently. My son told us of the game and got her curiosity peaked and wanted to learn so we found a league in our area and went. Now we go almost every weekend and are both still learning and will learn for quite awhile yet..

I just see terms and stuff talked about and wonder what they are.. Another is the breeding aspect of them... Not sure how all of that works or what it's about either, but that may be a question for another part of the forum... LOl
Thanks for your time and help on my questions. I have been on another site but not finding much in the way of answers.
@SlowPokéDad While there is a card in the Pokemon TCG called Pokedex, generally when someone is talking on this website about it, it is related to the Pokemon Video games. Similarly, breeding is the same thing. In the Pokemon TCG, there is no relevence to those two topics. I casually play Pokemon TCG occasionally. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me Smile
By species, I am referring to each individual "kind" of Pokemon. I.E. Bulbasaurs belong to one species, Charmanders belong to another species, Squirtles belong to yet another, ect., ect.

Breeding is a complicated business.... if you're new to the game, I recommend playing through the story and completing your PokeDex before jumping in to things that are competitively related. I can definitely help you with competitive though, been playing for years.

Hope that helps (and let me know if you need anything!), 

-Retro

(Feb 13, 2020, 01:55 PM)AverageJoe Wrote: @SlowPokéDad While there is a card in the Pokemon TCG called Pokedex, generally when someone is talking on this website about it, it is related to the Pokemon Video games. Similarly, breeding is the same thing. In the Pokemon TCG, there is no relevence to those two topics. I casually play Pokemon TCG occasionally. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me Smile

I was thinking it was more to the video game and not the card game. That clears a bunch up for me.. Thanksfor the help!!
(Feb 13, 2020, 04:05 PM)RetroTyphlosion Wrote: By species, I am referring to each individual "kind" of Pokemon. I.E. Bulbasaurs belong to one species, Charmanders belong to another species, Squirtles belong to yet another, ect., ect.

Breeding is a complicated business.... if you're new to the game, I recommend playing through the story and completing your PokeDex before jumping in to things that are competitively related. I can definitely help you with competitive though, been playing for years.

Hope that helps (and let me know if you need anything!), 

-Retro

Ok, I get it now.. I haven't played the game at all. It was more out of curiosity then anything. I want to learn and find out about what I can so I can understand everything better too!! Thanks again for your help!!!
No worries!

Shy