Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] Kanto Classic
There is Magnemite and it's evolutions which is steel/electric and Gyrados and his mega evolution, megas are not banned they are technically the same pokemon @Breeder_Falkon
You can't use held items, so mega evolutions are not viable. The only dark/steel pokemon left is Magneton.
The only motive to use Focus Blast in the meta this far is Curselax, which is a monster! It can easily 6-0 a team that does not have a counter. Gengar and Machamp are its main counters, I have also seen circle throw Poliwrath which is an interesting set. I have been testing it to see how viable it is.
I use DDance/Outrage (first dragon claw, but the extra power was to tempting)/Iron Head/ESpeed
I was running a stockpile Snorlax, and that circle throw Poliwrath was so annoying. Since I took off the Snorlax, I've yet to play one though. I'm using a combo of Alakazam/Hitmonlee to kill off Snorlax.
why not use mega kang
You aren't allowed to use items. So, no mega evos.
(Feb 1, 2016, 08:06 PM)DanielJames Wrote: I like your team and the simplicity of it. What exactly is the Kanto Classic? Is it a tournament hosted by the official Pokémon?

I would remove HP Ice from Alakazam and use Substitute because you already have Articuno and Electrode has HP Ice. Not being able to run Focus Sash on him makes him that much more frail, especially to Sucker Punches, so Substitute would be a better option in my opinion!
By participating in the Kanto Classic you get a Lance's original Dragonite with Barrier win or lose.  http://www.serebii.net/omegarubyalphasap...ions.shtml
So I was playing Showdown under the Kanto Classic to practice both teams, my original and your suggested adjustments. Surprisingly enough, my team was getting more wins. It's probably because Chansey is more of a defensive backbone than Clefable, and I haven't been seeing lots of hazards. I'm probably going to go with my original team, maybe add Iron Head to Dragonite if I encounter a lot of fairies in the future.
The minute you think of giving up, think of the reason why you held on so long.