Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] Second team..
Just want some feedback on this team. Any and all are appreciated. If you've seen my other team, i'd like to know which is best fit for battling in singles. This team is built up of mostly OU pokes. Thank you for your time!

Win : Loss Ratio-

12:0

[Image: 059.png]

Nature: Impish
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
IVs: 6
Item: Rocky Helmet
Moveset:
-Morning sun
-Extreme Speed
-Will-o-wisp
-Flare blitz

This arcanine set was chosen as it's bulky and when it sets up can be a big threat. Being tanky as it is, will-o-wisp is used cutting the damage done to arcanine. There was no need for leftovers as it has morning sun to help keep it healthy. Rocky helmet is there to deal some nice extra damage.

[Image: 094.png]

Nature: Timid
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spe / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Item: Focus sash
Moveset:
-Shadow ball
-sludge bomb
-thunderbolt
-focus blast

This set was chosen as it gives coverage to fairy types, water types, and steel types. The focus sash helps allow gengar to live and cause some nice damage. One thing i'm worried about is the low hit percentage of focus blast. If it doesn't hit, it could be GG for me.

[Image: 184.png]

Nature: Adamant
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 228 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Def / 12 SpD / 4 Spe
Item: Assault Vest
Moveset:
-waterfall
-play rough
-knock off
-aqua jet

This azumarill is the same from my last team. It just keeps ground and dark types in check.

[Image: 485.png]

Nature: Timid
Ability: Flash fire
EVs: 252 Spe / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Item: Air Balloon
Moveset:
-Fire blast
-earth power
-flash cannon
-stealth rock

Generally I use Heatran as my lead putting up stealth rocks. The reason for him being on the offensive would be put that there's arcanine. Flash cannon proves a nice surprise for fairies, while earth power and Fire blast are nice STAB moves dealing some nice damage to neutral hits / super effective.

[Image: talonflame.png]

Ability: Gale wings
EVs: 252 Spe / 252 Atk / 4 def
Item: choice band
Moveset:
-Brave bird
-Flare blitz
-U-turn
-Me First

With gale wings and the choice band, brave bird hits hard generally dealing over 50% or OHKO damage to all opponents. With its incredible speed, it's a great revenge killer.

[Image: 212.png]

Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 def / 252 Spe
Item: Life orb
Moveset:
-swords dance
-bullet punch
-superpower
-bug bite

Lastly, scizor. I was thinking of using him as my mega but wasn't sure. Instead I use this set. With some decent bulk enough to survive 1 hit, setting up with swords dance helps get scizor's attack up. With life orb, bullet punch the following turn deals lots of damage, potentially killing the opponent.

Other pokemon options:

Bisharp
Weavile
Latios
Latias
Salamence
black kyurem
landorus
jolteon (maybe not really OU tho)
sylveon
heliolisk
ferrothorn
goodra
Smeargle
Def heatran
Off arcanine
Zapdos
serperior
Hawlucha
Breloom
"#PopplioSquadIsLit"

Previously known as Julia234
Good Job!
I think it's pretty good overall, but I think your team lacks defensive backbone, except for Azumarill and Arcanine. I suggest that go with mega Scizor with a EV spread of 252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 Atk or Sp. Def. because you have already Swords Dance and an insane 150 base Attack stat, so a defensive set could work pretty nicely. You can also potentially change your Heatran set for a specially defensive one, but I also prefer a fast rocks setter. Anyways, it's my opinion, I personally like balanced offense but hyper offense can work very well too. For the Pokemon, I don't see too much weaknesses except Electric, Water, Rock, Ghost and Ground. Your two biggest weaknesses are Water and Rock, so maybe Ferrothorn can handle those threats and add defense to the team if you want it. Jolteon could also put some pressure on those Water types, but Ground would become way more threatening than it already is. Hope I helped you! Smile
(Feb 21, 2016, 07:46 PM)le2017 Wrote: I think it's pretty good overall, but I think your team lacks defensive backbone, except for Azumarill and Arcanine. I suggest that go with mega Scizor with a EV spread of 252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 Atk or Sp. Def. because you have already Swords Dance and an insane 150 base Attack stat, so a defensive set could work pretty nicely. You can also potentially change your Heatran set for a specially defensive one, but I also prefer a fast rocks setter. Anyways, it's my opinion, I personally like balanced offense but hyper offense can work very well too. For the Pokemon, I don't see too much weaknesses except Electric, Water, Rock, Ghost and Ground. Your two biggest weaknesses are Water and Rock, so maybe Ferrothorn can handle those threats and add defines to the team if you want it. Jolteon could also put some pressure on those Water types, but Ground would become way more threatening than it already is. Hope I helped you! Smile

It did Smile just wondering which pokemon to switch it in with :/
"#PopplioSquadIsLit"

Which Pokemon will you add though? Jolteon or Ferrothorn?
(Feb 21, 2016, 08:51 PM)le2017 Wrote: Which Pokemon will you add though? Jolteon or Ferrothorn?

Most likely jolteon because I like heatran so far, he deals lots of damage while doing his job of setting up rocks and I'm more of an hyper offensive player lol, it works out very nicely for me too.
"#PopplioSquadIsLit"

@Colette i sent you a buddy request....... just sayin I also sent you a PM about it....
Money cannot buy happiness, but somehow, it's more comfortable to cry in a Mercedes Benz than a bicycle.

Previously Known as MistressGlaceon

uwu i can hacku
(Feb 21, 2016, 09:28 PM)Colette Wrote:
(Feb 21, 2016, 08:51 PM)le2017 Wrote: Which Pokemon will you add though? Jolteon or Ferrothorn?

Most likely jolteon because I like heatran so far, he deals lots of damage while doing his job of setting up rocks and I'm more of an hyper offensive player lol, it works out very nicely for me too.

I would say to remove Arcanine, because this way you wouldn't be adding up Ground weaknesses to your teams since Arcanine already has one and you would lose a weakness to Water and Ground. Also, if you want to play hyper offense, Arcanine suits your style less than Jolteon. Anyways, I recommend to play with your team one Showdown! (or in real life I guess) and alternate with Jolteon and Arcanine, so you'll see which one is the most effective one for you, because sometimes although something seems better on paper, you just can't use it as well as something else and that's fine Smile . Hope I helped! Smile
(Feb 22, 2016, 04:22 PM)le2017 Wrote:

I would say to remove Arcanine, because this way you wouldn't be adding up Ground weaknesses to your teams since Arcanine already has one and you would lose a weakness to Water and Ground. Also, if you want to play hyper offense, Arcanine suits your style less than Jolteon. Anyways, I recommend to play with your team one Showdown! (or in real life I guess) and alternate with Jolteon and Arcanine, so you'll see which one is the most effective one for you, because sometimes although something seems better on paper, you just can't use it as well as something else and that's fine Smile . Hope I helped! Smile

Arcanine is my only wall, I would not like to remove him. He helps with speed threats, with E-speed. :/ This team has also won every single battle so far so I feel like the pokemon themselves are fine. There's azumarill to help take care of ground types.
"#PopplioSquadIsLit"

(Feb 22, 2016, 05:08 PM)Colette Wrote:
(Feb 22, 2016, 04:22 PM)le2017 Wrote:

Arcanine is my only wall, I would not like to remove him. He helps with speed threats, with E-speed. :/ This team has also won every single battle so far so I feel like the pokemon themselves are fine. There's azumarill to help take care of ground types.

That's cool, whatever floats your boat. Hope you have success with this team Smile