Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] Tapu Lele/Mega Sableye BSS Team
I haven't really posted a lot lately but have still been playing the game. I have however been testing a new team for about the last month and have to say I am relatively impressed with the outcome. At first glance you would think Tapu Lele may hinder Sableye before he Mega evolves but some games they can be used togather successfully.  Without further ado here is my team.

[Image: kKg1Fx3mTlaGmXo2D7c_95h-MPhgz39oNZyDQlCS...4nhSZo4g9B]   [Image: W_ouXVPuonw6Y5dVImdy2v-IoQun55RLg7zasvgr...VGG6ywH7R_]  
Sableye @ Sablenite  
Ability: Prankster  
Level: 50  
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD  
Careful Nature  
IVs: 0 Atk  
- Will-O-Wisp  
- Calm Mind  
- Recover  
- Snarl   

The mega of the team. You need to know when to mega evolve him and when to wait. Giving up prankster can be serious mistake in case you need something hindered also priority special boosts and recovery maybe needed in order to keep mega sableye alive. Mega evolve gets you a Magic Bounce which may be a better trade off depending on what you see in team preview (such as no real physical threat and nothing that can 2 shot him). I will also note sableye doesn’t work like he did in ORAS the turn he mega evolves he does not keep priority through prankster. Another note to make is dark type Pokemon are immune to prankster this gen. Psychic Terrain only effects Will-O-Wisp for those wondering. Overall he is there to stop hyper offensive and stall that rely on status moves/leech seed. If you opponent doesn’t watch it his Calm Minds very quickly get out of hand and only crits and good luck through status will stop him. Be careful using him against Fairy types or Pokemon know to use Fairy type coverage. He is particularly weak to opponents that are physical Fire Types or ones that can quickly set up (Swords Dance, Belly Drum). Never go against a Pokemon that can use Nasty Plot unless you have a decent head start with Calm Minds. Z-Moves can OHKO him if you're not careful. Gyarados almost always wins against Sableye if it’s holding it’s mega stone. As stated earlier Dark type are not affected by Prankster moves making a Will-O-Wisp a bad choice if he Mega Evolves that turn and Mega Gyarados only needs one Dragon Dance to OHKO a Sableye. 

[Image: gBg7QS1Z12WeFFLY6O5soLL_BZnuUzYEQegrQKT_...8udbx76X15]
Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe  
Modest Nature  
- Psychic  
- Moonblast  
- Shadow Ball  
- Thunderbolt   

Pretty self explanatory set Tapu Lele is extremely overpowered for BSS. Modest over Timid for power. Really the only Pokemon that can give it problems are Pokemon that are faster than it like through items like Choice Scarf Exadrill or Pokemon that have set up enough Speed and Attack or Attack and bulk. Other notable Pokemon are Alola Muk, Heatran, Mimikyu, Magnezone. Setting up Psychic Terrain is beneficial for the sweepers of this team in case you suspect priority. 

[Image: PEBcigyLWUE6jM3i0Fp94DM_G9hej8hlH4Tpbneb...GzDnni6jnK]
Blaziken @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost  
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe  
Adamant Nature  
- Protect  
- Flare Blitz  
- High Jump Kick  
- Thunder Punch   

This is one of the main offensive Pokemon of the team it also has Speed Boost which makes it very hard to hit. Don’t ever use Jolly over Adamant nature you will never outspeed any major threat doing this. Adamant allows for maximum attack and when combined with Life Orb this Pokemon is a great Mid-Late game sweeper. Psychic Terrain is a must if you suspect Priority and want to successfully sweep. Thunder Punch combined with Life Orb allows you to OHKO defensive Gyarados after the Intimidate it can also OHKO Mega Charizard Y if it’s offensive build it can also guaratee kill Toxapex if it’s 41% or below health. You could use Hidden Power Ice if you would like instead, remember to switch it to Naughty or Lonely nature if you do. I don’t like Hidden Power because both Salamence, Garchomp, and Dragonite are still 2HKO by it. Thunder Punch can also take advantage of Electric Terrain in certain instances. Sadly Thunder Punch is a move tutor move from ORAS though. 

[Image: Q2tmtfwAfM6Ir2XeeCdA8VyGn6HBSUcr7mZKqEoG...RHFik2Uac9]
Sharpedo @ Focus Sash
Ability: Speed Boost  
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe  
Adamant Nature  
- Protect  
- Destiny Bond  
- Crunch  
- Waterfall   

Another physical sweeper with speed boost. Sharpedo also likes Psychic Terrain, it takes advantage from opponent not being able to use priority and can’t be hurt by boosted up psychic attacks. Focus Sash is used because you can get 3 speed boost from using it (Protect, Attack, Protect). If your opponent can’t doesn’t know anything but attacks and has no priority or Psychic Terrain is up Destiny Bond can be a game winner or changer. Waterfall and Crunch for dual stab it provides good overall coverage for Blaziken. It doesn’t like entry hazards so Sableye can help but you really deal with this problem in BSS. Weather damage is another issue but he rarely is used in this instance ether (Blaziken is better against Alola Ninetales and Ttar). Obviously Priority is an issue so if you're not using Tapu Lele be careful.

[Image: 9wOiMgwfqGLB5O0nweakKQXQSi_aUgI1Dx7_2HFi...8s9BJcoA4y]
Heatran @ Leftovers  
Ability: Flash Fire  
EVs: 212 HP / 44 SpD / 252 Spe  
Timid Nature  
- Magma Storm  
- Will-O-Wisp  
- Taunt  
- Protect   

Heatran is bulky Pokemon that works very well with Sableye, Tapu Lele, Zapdos and Sharpedo. It can switch into Toxic or Will-O-wisp  because it’s steel and has flash fire, it can be a hard Pokemon for enemy Tapu Lele. It can act as a wall to a Mega Salamence that has Dragon Claw and Return but often time they run Earthquake in BSS so be careful. It also attacks as a way to wall out pokemon that rely on status movies or set up. It is a good speed tier to use Taunt at. It can actually take down a damage Toxapex with Magma Storm, Taunt, and Protect if your opponent is not careful it can also lower it just enough for Zapdos or Blaziken to Switch in and handle it or force a switch out. Magma Storm at 75% accuracy hurts more times than i would like to admit, I liked the Idea behind Toxic instead of Will-O-Wisp but personally find having another opponent as great. Using Blaziken and Heatran can be a death sentence if you don’t handle Earthquake users first or Blaziken can’t outspeed and OHKO it. Heatran and Blaziken should rarely be used to togather. 

[Image: Y_R-5741fBvlttWUpTpDKW51FU2vq9swRIbzkPEx...gIGkHhR2NJ]
Zapdos @ Rocky Helmet  
Ability: Pressure  
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD  
Bold Nature  
- Roost  
- Discharge  
- Hidden Power [Ice]  
- Heat Wave   

Defensive Bulky Zapdos is a great switch in overall. He carries a decent special stat for Fire, Electric and Ice stab. I prefer Discharge over Thunderbolt because the Pokemon he uses it on need to be 2HKO anyway but having a 30% chance for Paralyze is great. If your opponent is Paralyzed you can stall with roost until they lose a turn to keep him around or keep him healthly for a potential switch. I prefer Pressure over Static because Static has paralyzed Pokemon I would have prefered burned and using Discharge at least has some control over this issue. Be careful against Karatana because he can outspeed you and something switching in takes out your only way to deal with him. Scizor hates when Zapdos switches in so be prepared for a Switch. Also Ferrothorn sometimes may not suspect it’s a Heat Wave set. Remember if you can outspeed you opponent Roost takes away your flying type for the turn so Earthquake can OHKO you but you also take normal damage from Ice and ½ from Electric so use it wisely. 

Notable ProblemsElectrim Z Tapu Koko - My opponent leading with a Tapu Koko that has a Electrim Z almost always OHKO my Mon unless I lead with my Lele. Though Sharpedo can survive with a Focus Sash it may be a bad game for him anyway. Also Blaziken cannot can the speed he needs from one turn to outspeed Koko and dies even if I manage a double protect. Heatran will be easily be 2HKO and Sableye is dead 

Mega Salamence - Unless my Sableye get’s a Will-O-Wisp off Mega Salamence can be a pretty big problem. Sharpedo my get a Destiny Bond off if I am lucky in my guesses. Zapdos has to switch in on the first Dragon Dance turn or it can’t survive

So what do you guys think any pointers. Did I screw up anywhere?