Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[REMINDER] For everyone who missed Arced.
Wink 
Do you live in America or Europe and have missed the Arceus giveaway like me?
Well don't fret my friend, because you can obtain  this literal GOD by using the code:
"ARCEUS20" if you are in America.
"ARCEUS2016" if you are in Europe.
Have fun with God itself!
Quick question :

I have Arceus from the first givaway, so of course I can't download it again (yeaaaah.. I tried...). 

But how does the system "know" in which region of the world I am ?

I live in Montreal, but I'm going back to France for Christmas. Once I'm there, would I be able to download another Arceus with a European code (let's assume the code still work by then) ?
Thanks!
@CamilleLbd Your region is probably determined by where your Nintendo 3DS is from. Nintendo 3DS are region locked which means that North American 3DS can only play North American games, Japanese 3DS can only play Japanese games, etc. Since you can't play a game that is not from the same region as your 3DS, your region is probably determined by where you bought your 3DS.

You were also asking if it's possible for you to receive the Arceus from both North America and France.

Short answer: I don't know

Long answer:

It all depends on how Nintendo / GF keeps track on who receives the Mystery Gifts. If Nintendo / GF have different servers for each region or continent that could mean you are only be registered for the North American servers (since you already received the Gift) and not the European servers. Unless all servers share information on who has received the Mystery Gift already, then you won't be able to receive it. It's also even possible that you could only connect to the servers with a system the corresponds to it correct region, so you wouldn't be able to connect to the servers in France since you have a North American 3DS. It all depends...
~ If they stand behind you, give them protection. ~
~ If they stand beside you, give them respect. ~
~ If they stand against you, show no mercy! ~
(Dec 3, 2016, 10:51 AM)LWiki Wrote: @CamilleLbd Your region is probably determined by where your Nintendo 3DS is from. Nintendo 3DS are region locked which means that North American 3DS can only play North American games, Japanese 3DS can only play Japanese games, etc. Since you can't play a game that is not from the same region as your 3DS, your region is probably determined by where you bought your 3DS.

You were also asking if it's possible for you to receive the Arceus from both North America and France.

Short answer: I don't know

Long answer:

It all depends on how Nintendo / GF keeps track on who receives the Mystery Gifts. If Nintendo / GF have different servers for each region or continent that could mean you are only be registered for the North American servers (since you already received the Gift) and not the European servers. Unless all servers share information on who has received the Mystery Gift already, then you won't be able to receive it. It's also even possible that you could only connect to the servers with a system the corresponds to it correct region, so you wouldn't be able to connect to the servers in France since you have a North American 3DS. It all depends...

I guess If I have the chance I'll simply try and let you know !

However, from my experience, the Nintendo games are not region locked. 
All my previous Pokemon games (Diamond, Soulsilver and Black) were purchased in France, and they work perfectly on my 3DS which I bought in Canada few months ago. 
But maybe they changed that for the more recent games...