Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[US/UM] 0kamii's Top 5 USUM Exclusive Pokémon!
[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

Hey, everybody! It's 0kamii, and I'm making this post with the little creative juice I have left today.

One thing that pleasantly surprised me about Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon was the inclusion of brand new pokémon. Unless I'm mistaken, I believe that this is the very first time that Nintendo has ever included new pokémon midway through a generation. The closest thing we've gotten previously were new Megas and new forms (Primal forms) in ORAS halfway through Gen 6. As a result, there was a lot to love going into these last Gen 7 games. While there were a few I knew about going into it, such as UB Adhesive, Burst, and Assembly, there were others such as Ultra Necrozma, Zeraora, and Naganadel that went completely under my radar. Thus, I figured it was about time to start the discussion, and share my personal feelings on which Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon exclusive pokémon are my favorite. But first, let's start with an honorable mention:

Honorable Mention:

Blacephalon
[Image: 1510588759-6540-capture-d-ecran.png]

Be it coincidence or intentional, I think it's quite humorous that a Fire/Ghost-Type, clown pokémon came out around the same time as the release of the It remake. I guarantee that I'm not the only trainer that named their Blacephalon 'Pennywise,' and I certainly won't be the last. This heavily offensive typing stole my heart with Alolan Marowak last year, and it's good to see it on such a fast, devastating pokémon. My only gripe with Blacephalon is its Shiny form, which is just a dark blue. Other than that I really like it, and I was more than happy to trade my Stakataka for it.

0kamii's Top 5 USUM Exclusive Pokémon!

5) Totem-sized Pokémon

[Image: togedemaru.png]
[Image: marowak-alola.png]

Not sure if this is cheating, so I'm putting it at the bottom of the list. I think that the Totem-sized pokémon were a great idea, and while sticker hunting for them certainly isn't fun, using them in battle after the fact is! I especially adore the sight of a Togedemaru triple the size of what it usually is, especially seeing as how I intend to use one on my Gen 7 Doubles Dream Team. And Alolan Marowak, as I'd just finished mentioning previously, was just dying for some special treatment. Given that Marowak is easily one of the coolest Alolan forms, and that people take it seriously now that Ryota Otsubo won VGC 2017 with one on his team, a massive flaming marsupial is something I never knew I wanted. I will most certainly be resetting for an ideal nature and IVs for that thing.

4) Ultra Necrozma
[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

While I've never personally used an Ultra Necrozma in battle, I have great respect for this thing. It was honestly the first time in years that I'd be seriously challenged as a trainer, not to mention that getting my Poké Balls handed to me on the first two go-rounds was quite humbling. It also has an awesome Z-move, the Light That Burns the Sky! Too cool. I know that Ultra Necrozma wasn't actually a new pokémon, but given that it's featured on the boxart, and has the new Psychic/Dragon typing, I'll give it a pass. But only this once. Gosh, I am not looking forward to this fight in my Monolocke...

3) Zeraora
[Image: zeraora_by_alounea-dbtjvkg.png]

Despite not even being officially unveiled by Nintendo, Zeraora is easily one of the coolest, if not the coolest, Mythical Pokémon in the seventh generation. The pure Electric-typing only leaves it one weakness in Ground, and we haven't had a reliably fast, physical Electric-Type attacker since Zekrom (please, correct me if I'm forgetting someone). Its design, at least to me, is very reminescent of a weasel, and combine that with the lightning motif makes for an astonishing pokémon. I can't wait for Nintendo to officially release this thing. It is definitely going to be on my recreational Singles team. Sorry, Jolteon. I think you've just been replaced!

2) Lycanroc-Dusk
[Image: pokemon_sun_and_moon_anime_artwork_for_d...canroc.png]

Not much to say about Lycanroc-Dusk that hasn't been said already. It's a combination of the other two forms, it's got a great ability in Tough Claws, and I'm thanking my lucky stars that it can be Shiny hunted. Overall, I think it's a great addition to the Lycanroc family, and it may very well be my new favorite form. Also, I think it's worth noting that Lycanroc's signature Z-move looks the coolest when used by Dusk form. Mainly because in the Dusk for cutscene, the sun is setting, which creates a FAR MORE cinematic scene than either midday or midnight. Of course, that's just my opinion.

1) Naganadel
[Image: gplus873159662.png]

The Poipole evolution reigns supreme on this list for two very personal reasons: 1) I absolutely love Dragon-Type pokémon, so I'm a bit bias and 2) it was the only pokémon on this list that I didn't know about until AFTER I'd already beaten the game. In an effort to avoid any and all spoilers, I refrained from all unnecessary internet browsing until I had defeated the Elite Four. As I such, I blindly accepted Poipole from the Ultra Recon Squad not knowing that it could evolve. Then, a few days later, I get a message from @LittleFoxS saying that his Poipole evolved. Confused, and excited, I looked up Poipole's evolution and I saw this mastery! Holy crap, was I impressed. It looks so alien and misshapen, like you'd expect from an Ultra Beast, but that's not all. It's also in a great Speed tier, being 121, and has 127 base Sp. Atk. I'm certain that this thing is going to shine in the competitive scene in some way or another, even if it's just Tailwind support and Flamethrower coverage against the inevitable resurgence of Kartana. Also, it was designed by James Turner, who's clearly redeemed himself after the backlash from designing Vanilluxe. Great job, James! Great job!

Whelp, that's my two cents on the subject of Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon exclusive pokémon. Be sure to let me know what your favorites are in the thread below. I'll make an effort to reply to as many as I can. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to hurry up and find a Shiny Wimpod so I can start Shiny hunting Poipole!

Thanks so much for reading, everyone! Battle onwards, friends!

- 0kamii
Amethyst Ωmega - Guild Leader/Founder 

But Senpai?

What about the pokemon that can act like a pokeball and capture a pokemon with in itself?

What you never heard about the living cage pokemon Stakataka?

oh you just don't belive me...

WELL LETS SEE HOW STRONG THAT BLASEPHALON IS WHEN ITS CAUGHT BY A STAKATAKA

[Image: Screen_Shot_2017-12-10_at_12.13.46_AM.png]
i think it speaks for itself
Mawr
@FireTaco

Oh, I like Magearna too, make no mistake. I just love Zeraora more. And regarding Stakataka v. Blacephalon...at least Pennywise doesn't have TWO 4x weaknesses. So, there. Served.Cool

Also, since when am I senpai?

- 0kamii

OK FIRST OF ALL, to volley back that serve (ha ha volleyball puns), Stakataka has fewer resistances and more neutral  hits, and EYES, like what does Blacephalon have... NOTHING ITS JUST A FLOTATING BALL

now second of all.... I DON'T UNDERSTAND THIS SENPAI GAME AT ALL.  I THIS HAPPENED LIKE SOME FUN AND JUST GOOD FOR LAUGHS ONE A THREAD BY KRIS BUT NOW THAT ITS HAS GONE THIS FAR... LIKE I DUNNO. could someone please explain this all to me? I so cofused.
Mawr
@0kamii It was a joke between me & Taco, dunno who took it too far.

Also ..... Zeraora.... ugh.

No offence, it's just so... ugh
OU MASTER RACE
STAKATAKATAKATAKATAKATAKATAKATAKATAKATAKATAKATAKATAKATAKATAKA
Zeraora
Zorua->Zoruark
Zeraora looks like Zoruark in a way, with the weird hair.
Also, Zeraora looks like something from a fan-made smash game..
@Kris

That's alright, Kris. You're allowed to feel however you want. I suppose it's fair to guess then that you prefer Marshadow? Wink

@"yung lord"

You know, we never did see eye to eye on much. But that's a good thing, I guess. You made a post on how to use Stakataka in OU, I believe. I'd be curious to see what ol' Ecky makes of Blacephalon. Surely 107 Speed is at least somewhat usable?

@Reis

It is kind of like Zoroark. But I don't mind, I still think it looks awesome, and I can't wait for it to be released. Also, nice to have you back Reis!Big Grin

- 0kamii

@0kamii That is correct.
OU MASTER RACE