Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[REQUEST] DITTO HELP
I'm currently hunting my first shiny, Squirtle. I have hatched 680 eggs so far.

I am using a male squirtle with a Japanese dittio and am beginning to doubt myself so someone please put my mind at ease, can Ditto produce shiny pokemon and this case, a shiny squirtle?!
Ditto is capable of breeding with everything
It can hatch a shiny out of an egg breeded with Ditto
"From empirical evidence, Pokémon encountered in the  are eight times more likely to be Shiny, with a probability of 1/512; this is unaffected by the Shiny Charm. Also from empirical evidence, the probability of hatching a Shiny Pokémon through the Masuda method while using a Shiny Charm is 1/512 as well. As this is double the previous generation's rate, just like the standard Shiny rate, it is conjectured that all Shiny probabilities are simply double that of the previous generation, which would mean a probability of 3/4096 (approximately 1/1365) using the Shiny Charm alone and a probability of 6/4096 (approximately 1/683) using the Masuda method alone."http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Shiny_Pok%C3%A9mon#Unobtainable_Shiny_Pok.C3.A9mon
It's still just a chance. There could be 2 in 100 eggs as well as none in 1000
good luck trying Smile
Thanks for the information, you have put my mind at ease. I will continue to pray this Squirtle and Ditto provide me with a shiny!

Thank you

Sam