Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[REQUEST] Help with Mega Salamence EV Spread
So I'm still relatively new to Pokemon competitive play and therefore I always have trouble building strong teams so once again I'm starting fresh and building a new team that is centered around Mega Salamence so far I have the moveset and nature but can't think of the best possible EV Spread that will make him hit as hard as possible outspeed pokemon but still survive so at least one dragon dance can be used.

So far I have this:
Salamence @ Salamencite
Nature: Adamant
Moves:
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Double Edge
- Dragon Claw
EV Spread: ???

All I'm sure about is having full investment into attack.
So it's basically a physical Salamence, right? I used to use one but I changed into a Modest SpA one. My moveset was roughly that, but I used Protection instead of Roost to make it eat as less damage as possible (specially with all those super speedy Xerneas running around) and prevent possible Fake Out.

As for EVs, I'd just go full investment in Atk and Spe and make it hit hard and fast to sweep as much as possible. It used to work for me, and now I do the same with a Hydreigon and I have an almost guaranteed OHKO with Draco Meteor.
Thanks i was considering max speed but didnt know if it was too risky lacking some bulk but thanks so much for the ev spread hopefully it works well
Go to competitive pokemon movesets for salamence and they have THE VERY BEST DragonDance ev spread. You don't want just 252Atk 252Spe because you will have a hard time getting a DD off. With the spread in that build you can get a DD off easily and your getting a boost to both attack and speed so you don't need max on either