Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[REQUEST] Pokemon x/y is too easy
I am in a position to restart my copy of pokemon y. And I want too but I've done a nuzlocke and a wonderlocke. I need ideas for a new challenge to make the game more fun. Maybe an egglocke? I'm not totally sure how they work. Who has a good idea?
I totally agree, I just restarted X and I had forgotten how ridiculously easy it was.

How about a monotype nuzlocke?
This idea I don't think has been done yet but maybe you can do a shinylocke. again not sure if this already exists but basically you need to find a shiny in each route. That way you can shiny hunt and its would be soo much more challenging. an egglocke is also a good idea.
A shinylocke? Like,,,,, I have the WORST luck with shinies. I've been playing pokemon since the release of red and blue in the US and I didn't encounter my first shiny wild pokemon until I started pokemon y XO. But that's an idea.

A monotype playthrough would be interesting but how would you go about getting new pokemon? Would you just abstain from catching them if the route didn't offer the type you were looking for?
id say just do a nuzlocke that is really restricting, like Marriland (i think) used to do nuzlocks where you could only healing items 3 times during a battle after that you can use them anymore until the next battle, or something like a shaylocke where you can only go to the pokemon center a certain amount of times, and you get more changes to go as you progress in the game
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~
The wonderswitch challenge sounds fun. You have to go through the game with only one Pokemon, but if that Pokemon faints you have to wonder trade it and continue the game with the new Pokemon XD
Sylveon, use destroy everything!
It's super effective ~♥
(Oct 28, 2015, 03:11 PM)bradar485 Wrote: A monotype playthrough would be interesting but how would you go about getting new pokemon? Would you just abstain from catching them if the route didn't offer the type you were looking for?

Here's the Monotype page on the Nuzlocke Wikia!
Basically all the usual rules apply, except that you choose a type before starting your playthrough, and stick to it. So you only catch the first eligible pokémon in each area. If there isn't any pokémon of the type you chose in an area, tough luck! You don't get to catch anything there.
I guess the easiest way to start a monotype is to choose one of the starter types, but you could arrange for someone to trade you a 'replacement' starter in your type of choice when you begin your playthrough?

(Oct 28, 2015, 03:11 PM)Animekid7 Wrote: Something like a shadylocke where you can only go to the pokemon center a certain amount of times, and you get more changes to go as you progress in the game

I love the shadylocke! You end up having to keep Tackle-like moves on every mon, or cry in a corner for PP. Definitely a challenge.
(Oct 28, 2015, 03:15 PM)PrincessSylveon Wrote: The wonderswitch challenge sounds fun. You have to go through the game with only one Pokemon, but if that Pokemon faints you have to wonder trade it and continue the game with the new Pokemon XD

That's how I handled things in my wonderlocke. All fainted pokemon were sent back into the wonderwaves. With one pokemon I can see how it would be challenging, but I feel like after about six badges or so it'd get a little stale. Even if I changed pokemon a lot.

It's too bad restarting omega ruby would be such a hassle for me right now, I'd love to try a navlocke. But I have the dex completed and am into some serious breeding projects in that cartridge. And aaaaalll the items I'd lose.

As for running the harder nuzlocke, that is an idea but... I just have the feeling that restricting pokemon center visits might be really stressful. Maybe instead of avoiding it I should just look straight into it though. That's a good consideration.
(Oct 28, 2015, 03:22 PM)bradar485 Wrote: It's too bad restarting omega ruby would be such a hassle for me right now, I'd love to try a navlocke. But I have the dex completed and am into some serious breeding projects in that cartridge. And aaaaalll the items I'd lose.

As for running the harder nuzlocke, that is an idea but... I just have the feeling that restricting pokemon center visits might be really stressful. Maybe instead of avoiding it I should just look straight into it though. That's a good consideration.

Same. I really really want to try a Navlocke, but I just can't restart my OR game. I've got way too much invested into it! My dex, my mons, all my items, and most of all my wondercards. I only had two on X that I didn't have on OR, and that kept me hesitating for weeks before I restarted my game. D:

You should try the shadylocke though! But it's definitely stressful to not be able to go to the pokémon center, and it also limits how much you can grind. You get to use potions etc (but that also means you need to save your money!), but as I said before PP become an issue as soon as you start getting better moves. But still, it's a lot of fun! Try it!
(Oct 28, 2015, 03:42 PM)Mutt Wrote:
(Oct 28, 2015, 03:22 PM)bradar485 Wrote: It's too bad restarting omega ruby would be such a hassle for me right now, I'd love to try a navlocke. But I have the dex completed and am into some serious breeding projects in that cartridge. And aaaaalll the items I'd lose.

Same. I really really want to try a Navlocke, but I just can't restart my OR game. I've got way too much invested into it! My dex, my mons, all my items, and most of all my wondercards. I only had two on X that I didn't have on OR, and that kept me hesitating for weeks before I restarted my game. D:

You should try the shadylocke though! But it's definitely stressful to not be able to go to the pokémon center, and it also limits how much you can grind. You get to use potions etc (but that also means you need to save your money!), but as I said before PP become an issue as soon as you start getting better moves. But still, it's a lot of fun! Try it!

It's a top contender, probable I'll make a final decision by friday and keep a journal of my goings on in the locke on here. I've already committed it to the forum after all. Maybe if you guys are lucky I'll do my own locke comic. I'm pretty halfway good at drawring.