Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Question on Hidden Ability Pokemon w/c cant be found in Friend Safari
Im just a newbie in Pokemon X. (lol I know im soooo late, but better late than never!)

I wanted a Regenerator Amoonguss for my team. But of course, it should have a hidden ability to work out.

So my plan was, to train a Sassy Gardevoir (my preferred Nature BTW) with a Skill Swap Egg Move and Synchronize Ability. I was successful at this.
Now, accdg to my research, there's a small chance (10%) of finding hidden ability pokemon in horde encounters.
So I went to Pokemon Village and started Sweet Scenting to find Fungus hordes.

Sadly the PP of Skill Swap is just 10, enough for only two Horde Encounters per run. Either I will reset my game or go back to the Pokecenter to heal up.

But the bottomline is, I have tried whole day to get a Regenerator Amoonguss with my preferred nature (sassy), but failed to find one.

I wanna know where I went wrong or is just me being unlucky the whole day.

Please help!
It should work eventually. I'd say have back up guys with skill swap that can switch in. Your synchronizer only has to be in the first part slot for it to work. Such is the life we live in the pokemons.
If you're going to use it competitively it's going to need perfect IVs. I would just prioritise getting any HA amoonguss/foonguss and breed for the nature and IVs later if you're having this many issues. Honestly you can probably get a breedject HA foonguss in the trade section.

If not, just keep trying it will work eventually.
(Oct 23, 2015, 04:42 PM)thecofybean Wrote: Im just a newbie in Pokemon X. (lol I know im soooo late, but better late than never!)

I wanted a Regenerator Amoonguss for my team. But of course, it should have a hidden ability to work out.

So my plan was, to train a Sassy Gardevoir (my preferred Nature BTW) with a Skill Swap Egg Move and Synchronize Ability. I was successful at this.
Now, accdg to my research, there's a small chance (10%) of finding hidden ability pokemon in horde encounters.
So I went to Pokemon Village and started Sweet Scenting to find Fungus hordes.

Sadly the PP of Skill Swap is just 10, enough for only two Horde Encounters per run. Either I will reset my game or go back to the Pokecenter to heal up.

But the bottomline is, I have tried whole day to get a Regenerator Amoonguss with my preferred nature (sassy), but failed to find one.

I wanna know where I went wrong or is just me being unlucky the whole day.

Please help!
Why hello there! I got some tips for you:
1.- It does takes some time finding pokes with HA in hordes, a trick you can use is to have your mon hold a leppa berry and use PP O-Powers constantly to replenish the PP on Role Play.

2.- Like Reborn FX said, you want to focus on getting the HA (preferrably on a female mon if possible, females have 50% of passing its actual ability and male can only pass it when breeding with ditto and it has only 20%) and then get the nature, after that you want to focus on the IVs, you want to follow that order to make it easier, finding an HA mon with the nature you want is much harder.

Now to the good part, lucky for you I have a bold HA amoongus, I can breed it to get an HA sassy foongus, but I don't think it has any egg move so yeah. If you are interested on trading let me know!
thank you so much for your help guys. Smile) you are awesome!