Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[REQUEST] Trying to pick a new mega
Alright guys it's time for a change. I spent the majority of 2015 mainly using mega heracross and several other mega's that I have deemed (in my personal opinion) not good. Heracross is dope I just mean the other guys I've yet to mention.

So I tried Mega Sharpedo and people just play around him too easily. His stats and the damage buff he receives can simply be filled by other non mega pokemon.

Then I tried Mega Beedrill. But anything that touches him KO's. It was re-doo-doo-diculous. He's cool and his damage output is pretty pro. But I don't like his coverage or any of his non ATK/SPE stats.

I did a stint with mega Alakazam, who can be described similarly to beedrill. Things just kill him too fast. He's neat. Except I honestly don't like his ability lol, and he doesn't get as much stats as other mega's. Also as long as sucker punch exists he is under constant threat and his enemies know it XD

I have a Lucario primed to be a special attacking mega but I don't have the right guys to support him and that's been an issue. Plus it's hard to make him shine outside of smogon and I think they banned him anyways. But in a world of of such lando t and charizard y, he faces stiff competition.

Aditionally I'm not interested in: Salamence, Khangaskan, either charizard or gardevoir. They're just too mainstream for a hipster like me lol. I've tried them except for gardevoir and while Khang, sally and zard-y are super reliable I'm kind of bored of them. As for gardy I just like sylveon as my pixilate fairy buster better.

So anyone wanna talk about some cool ideas for mega's with me? I've been looking at Sceptile, Pinsir and Aerodactyl. There are others but those three are pretty cool with the right support. So.... yeah?
What about Mega Gallade?

I see your problem is you choose quite frail Megas, what you need is a mega is the ability to keep it around for more than one turn.

Mega Gallade is an incredibly strong Pokemon, it has a high damage output and surprising good special bulk,

It has access to moves like Close Combat, Psycho Cut, Zen Headbutt, Drain Punch and all the elemental punches.
Priority in Shadow Sneak

But it also has good support moves like Wide Guard, Quick Guard, Helping Hand, Heal Pulse.

Only issue it you need to keep it away from physical attackers and some strong special attackers (Like Landorus's EQ or Charizard Y's fire attacks in the sun)

Other Megas I suggest are Mega Lopunny or Mega Metagross
Mega camerupt with a trick room team?
Shachi's a monster to go against -  wpendragon

Semolina pilchard, climbing up the Eiffel Tower. Elementary penguin singing Hari Krishna.
Man, you should have seen them kicking Edgar Allan Poe.
Mega banette is a fun underrated pokemon which I quite like to use.
Sadly there is no mega for the lord and Savior: The Helix Fossil
Eckley is best grill
Go on and on, grow into a phenomenon
(Oct 22, 2015, 05:33 PM)bradar485 Wrote: Alright guys it's time for a change. I spent the majority of 2015 mainly using mega heracross and several other mega's that I have deemed (in my personal opinion) not good. Heracross is dope I just mean the other guys I've yet to mention.

So I tried Mega Sharpedo and people just play around him too easily. His stats and the damage buff he receives can simply be filled by other non mega pokemon.

Then I tried Mega Beedrill. But anything that touches him KO's. It was re-doo-doo-diculous. He's cool and his damage output is pretty pro. But I don't like his coverage or any of his non ATK/SPE stats.

I did a stint with mega Alakazam, who can be described similarly to beedrill. Things just kill him too fast. He's neat. Except I honestly don't like his ability lol, and he doesn't get as much stats as other mega's. Also as long as sucker punch exists he is under constant threat and his enemies know it XD

I have a Lucario primed to be a special attacking mega but I don't have the right guys to support him and that's been an issue. Plus it's hard to make him shine outside of smogon and I think they banned him anyways. But in a world of of such lando t and charizard y, he faces stiff competition.

Aditionally I'm not interested in: Salamence, Khangaskan, either charizard or gardevoir. They're just too mainstream for a hipster like me lol. I've tried them except for gardevoir and while Khang, sally and zard-y are super reliable I'm kind of bored of them. As for gardy I just like sylveon as my pixilate fairy buster better.

So anyone wanna talk about some cool ideas for mega's with me? I've been looking at Sceptile, Pinsir and Aerodactyl. There are others but those three are pretty cool with the right support. So.... yeah?

I know this isnt what you asked for exactly but mega camerupt trick room provided by reniculus and a slaking skill swap with reniculus to provide more cover
This is the lore of the jungle as old and as true as the sky the wolf that shall keep it may prosper but the wolf that shall break it must die
Mega camerupt huh? Phase one research begin!
I've never run trick room before and it'd be good to learn.

As for mega gallade.... is it fair that I think he's kind of underwhelming? It's his move options. Inner focus is cool. I'd just have to think about it.