Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[REQUEST] i need pokemon. plz
(Oct 2, 2015, 04:20 PM)Al_sap Wrote: I have a few Bulbasaur for trade if like.

i already have a bulbasaur from wonder trade but thanks anyways! :D
Discord: Xander#9873, I'm back on ORAS, and I always love talking to anyone
"Clothes"
To expand on that article linked about IV's!
Here's a few pointers.

-IV's are bonus points you get in every stat when a Pokemon is generated.
-IV's are basically a Pokemons genetics! Each Pokemons IV's are different in value usually.
-IV's can range anywhere from 1-31 in each stat, (HP, Attack, Defense, etc.)
-Having a 31 IV in a particular stat means it's got a FULL IV in that stat!
-You can breed Pokemon together, if both have good IV's and you use proper items you can use mommy and daddies IV's to make a PERFECT Pokemon!

So to give you an example!:

My Geodude is evaluated to have..
HP - 19IV's
Attack - 10IV's
Special Attack - 4IV's
Defense - 31IV's
Special Defense - 24IV's
Speed - 31IV's

This means that my Geodude has TWO perfect IV's.
Once you figure this out you can combine that Geodude with another Pokemon that shares it's EGG GROUP.
Mix and match, try to carry IV's over to the babies. Replace the mommy and or daddy with the more powerful IV's their babies make and keep going!

IV's are the only way to compete in the end game PVP, as IV's offer gigantic stat boosts and allow you to customize your Pokemon's statistics!! As an example, withour Geodude, it's obvious a perfect IV in Speed might not be the best, as Geodude are kinda slow. So you can customize where it gains the most power from!
(Oct 2, 2015, 05:55 PM)CheatingZubat Wrote:
Here's a few pointers.

-IV's are basically a Pokemons genetics! Each Pokemons IV's are different in value usually.
-You can breed Pokemon together, if both have good IV's and you use proper items you can use mommy and daddies IV's to make a PERFECT Pokemon!

HP - 19IV's
Attack - 10IV's
Special Attack - 4IV's
Defense - 31IV's
Special Defense - 24IV's
Speed - 31IV's

Once you figure this out you can combine that Geodude with another Pokemon that shares it's EGG GROUP.
Mix and match, try to carry IV's over to the babies. Replace the mommy and or daddy with the more powerful IV's their babies make and keep going!

IV's are the only way to compete in the end game PVP, as IV's offer gigantic stat boosts and allow you to customize your Pokemon's statistics!! As an example, withour Geodude, it's obvious a perfect IV in Speed might not be the best, as Geodude are kinda slow. So you can customize where it gains the most power from!

how do you know that your pokemon has IV's?
Discord: Xander#9873, I'm back on ORAS, and I always love talking to anyone
"Clothes"
(Oct 3, 2015, 06:03 AM)xcr03 Wrote:
(Oct 2, 2015, 05:55 PM)CheatingZubat Wrote:
Here's a few pointers.

HP - 19IV's
Attack - 10IV's
Special Attack - 4IV's
Defense - 31IV's
Special Defense - 24IV's
Speed - 31IV's

how do you know that your pokemon has IV's?
You can either level it up to about level 30 only using rare candys and the pokemon daycare then type in your pokemon's information into an iv calculator (google psypoke iv calculator ) or to just find the perfect ones
talk to the guy in the pokecenter of the battle resort and he will tell you that some stats " simply cant be beat" which means there are perfect ivs in those stats