Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[REQUEST] things i really want to know about oras/ xy
i have so many questions.

what are IV's and how can you see them.

do IV's affect anything?

when DexNavin, if you see a pokemon with below 3 shiny stars does it still have a chance of being shiny?

it always says "new mirage spot discovered but when i use the eon flute nothing appers".

is there any way you can ride on a shiny latios/latias on eon flute?

whats the rarest item?

whats the highest stat?

what pokemon has the highest stat in each stat?

whats the fastest way to get a shiny without shiny charm or oval charm?

those are my questions...
Discord: Xander#9873, I'm back on ORAS, and I always love talking to anyone
"Clothes"
Im pretty sure the highest stat is either blissey's hp or shuckel's defence, but I lean more towards it probably being blissey's hp
IV's are a pokemons ... individual values. Yeah. They are unchangeable stats that go in addition to base stats. There is a guy who will tell you a rough range of how good your pokemon's total iv's are and which ones are either perfect or really bad. In ORAS you find him in the top right corner of the pokemon center for the battle resort. In XY you find him in the pokemon center in Kiloude city.

Furthermore if you breed pokemon with the destiny knot item attached it will make 5 random iv's transfer from the parent pokemon, making it way easier than its ever been to breed for high stats.
the stars indicate how many stats have maxed out ivs actually, they give no indication of shiny chance. if there are three stars, the pokemon has three stats with 31 ivs in them

the rarest item would probably be the master ball, since you only have a 100% chance of getting exactly one in the game and then have a much smaller chance of getting them as prizes from the lottery

blissey has the highest hp (255), mega mewtwo x has the highest attack (190), mega steelix, mega aggron, and shuckle are tied for the highest defense (230), mega mewtwo y has the highest special attack (194), shuckle has the highest special defense (230), and speed forme deoxys has the highest speed (180)

the fastest way to get a shiny without the charms would probably be chain fishing, where you keep fishing with the same rod in the same spot without moving and without getting interrupted (ie: "nothing seems to be biting" or reeling it in too fast/slow). i recommend getting a pokemon with the sticky hold ability and putting it in the front of your party (like a gulpin/swalot for example) and fishing with a wall or some rocks directly in front of you
You need to fly over to the places with red lights with the Eon Flute, those are the mirage spots.
-IV's are Pokemon Genetics. They are a statistical value from 1-31 in each stat. Every Pokemon has a set IV table.
To give you an example:

Mudkip.
HP - IV 10
Attack - IV 19
Special Attack - IV 1
Defense - IV 31
Special Defense - IV 31
Speed - IV 14

This means you have a Mudkip with TWO perfect IV's (as it can't go higher than 31.)
You can breed and mix Pokemon with different IV's to get better results and carry over those perfect IV's into children.
The only way to check IV's is to complete the mainline story and find the judge, he will tell you an 'overview' of your Pokemon's IV's.
You will have to go online to do more research though, past that, to see what each thing he tells you means.

do IV's affect anything?
-Yes, for competitive meta-game, you can't do PvP without a Pokemon with perfect IV's (You will get totally destroyed).
At level 100, your Pokemon gets a buff to it's stats based on how many IV's it has.
Also, look up Super Training and EV stats, VERY important as well.

when DexNavin, if you see a pokemon with below 3 shiny stars does it still have a chance of being shiny?
-Every time you pull up the a scan on a Pokemon in the grass it has a HIGHER chance of being a shiny than a regular encounter.
The stars refer to potential perfect IV's, where each star means it has at least ONE perfect IV in a stat.
Other than than, unless the Pokemon is shiny-locked. You will ALWAYS have a chance of getting a shiny. But with DexNav the chance is highly raised.

it always says "new mirage spot discovered but when i use the eon flute nothing appers".
-It's there, just keep poking around. You should have spots show up with the red, shiny dot in the sky.

-No, it's a pre-programmed cutscene.

whats the rarest item?
-No item is truly rare, as you have set ways to get them. However, Shiny Charm is very difficult to get, as is Master Ball.

whats the highest stat?
-Not sure what you mean? The Pokemon with the all around BEST stats is Mewtwo.

-Go to Smogon University for those stats at smogon.com
To note, Victini has a perfect 100 in each stat, but it's not the highest in each.

-From a statistical standpoint, Friend Safari hunting is easy if you want to do random encounters.
-Fishing Chains is also one of the quickest ways. Just don't screw up a chain or you have to start over.
(Oct 7, 2015, 12:42 PM)CheatingZubat Wrote: whats the rarest item?
-No item is truly rare, as you have set ways to get them. However, Shiny Charm is very difficult to get, as is Master Ball.

Rare :D Shiny charm is the rarest item, master balls can be ... obtained so to speak.
Shachi's a monster to go against -  wpendragon

Semolina pilchard, climbing up the Eiffel Tower. Elementary penguin singing Hari Krishna.
Man, you should have seen them kicking Edgar Allan Poe.
(Oct 7, 2015, 12:56 PM)Shachi Wrote:

Rare :D Shiny charm is the rarest item, master balls can be ... obtained so to speak.

You can gen in a Shiny Charm, can't you? That's why I said no item is truly rare. >_< Also, Shiny Charm is gotten from completing Dex, so it's not 'rare' it just has some requirements that are difficult.
(Oct 7, 2015, 01:09 PM)CheatingZubat Wrote:
(Oct 7, 2015, 12:56 PM)Shachi Wrote:

You can gen in a Shiny Charm, can't you? That's why I said no item is truly rare. >_< Also, Shiny Charm is gotten from completing Dex, so it's not 'rare' it just has some requirements that are difficult.

I can, but you can't trade it i think.
Shachi's a monster to go against -  wpendragon

Semolina pilchard, climbing up the Eiffel Tower. Elementary penguin singing Hari Krishna.
Man, you should have seen them kicking Edgar Allan Poe.
(Oct 6, 2015, 01:50 PM)xcr03 Wrote: i have so many questions.

do IV's affect anything?

whats the rarest item?

whats the highest stat?

those are my questions...
On sribi theres a top 150 pokemon for stats so that should help you
This is the lore of the jungle as old and as true as the sky the wolf that shall keep it may prosper but the wolf that shall break it must die