Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[IMPORTANT] The November Meet & Greet - The Time to Entreat!
As a new member who joined this month I'm looking around to get involved with discussion, so I'll jump in here.

1.) Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee release in less than two weeks, and this mod couldn't be more excited! Which one are you getting? If either.

They seem like really fun games I'd love to play, but unfortunately I just don't have the money to buy them. I'd buy Let's Go Eevee if given the chance, though. I've wanted to play a Pokémon game on my Switch ever since I bought the console.

2.) It's officially November. I'm sure you all have plans for the holiday. What are you doing for Thanksgiving this year?

Actually since I'm from Canada, I celebrated Thanksgiving last month with my family. It was pretty typical and nothing too special happened, but it was nice. Though, happy Thanksgiving to those who are celebrating it. I used to joke about it with some American friends I had years ago so that's always a nice memory about the holiday, even if I'm not celebrating it myself.

3.) Our unofficial mascot mon of the month, Autumn Sawsbuck, comes to us from the great artist on DeviantArt AnimeMan90. Not everyone is as talented as they are, but if you've drawn or saved anything pokémon-related, we'd love to see it!

This is some great art! Though I'm not as talented as this wonderful artist, I used to draw in my spare time when I was younger. A few years ago I revisited that old hobby and tried to design a dress based on a Pokémon after seeing someone on DeviantArt do the same thing. I either made mine based off the design of Luxray or Gardevoir, and I wish I could remember which it was or send a picture of it. Unfortunately I think I ended up getting rid of it, and I haven't found it in any of my sketchbooks I've gone through since I started to write this post.

I don't really know people here so I don't have my people to tag, but our newest member is @MrDark55 so I'm going to invite them to join discussion with the following questions:

1. What's your favourite Pokémon that isn't your favourite type?
2. If you could eat any item from the Pokémon games, which would you pick?
3. Are there any fond memories of playing Pokémon with people you want to share?

I'm also curious to hear what other people have to say, so if you want to pick up these questions and answer them yourself you're obviously more than welcome.
I'll be around this thread and look through it a bit from time to time, so expect to see me around.
@Black Waterfall

Have you already caught all the Ultra wormhole legendaries?

I have indeed! As of just a few days ago, in fact. I agree that the Ultraspace minigame is not very conducive to the task; but I suppose when you're being handed opportunity after opportunity to snag potentially shiny Legendaries... well... you learn to put up with it.

@Hikikomari

What's your favourite Pokémon that isn't your favourite type?

This one is tough for me. I have always waffled back and forth, Charlie Brown-esque, on what I would even choose for a 'favorite' type. Though - now that I think about it - I can faithfully answer your question; so long as it's a Pokémon whose type(s) I don't really care for. So I will start there.

Oh! I got it! Kyogre! I'm not a fan of Water Type Pokémon in general, but the design and aesthetic of this Orcan masterpiece is undeniable. I've heard it's one of the more OP Pokémon in its Primal Forme too; so that's a plus. I am definitely a big fan of this Pokémon.

If you could eat any item from the Pokémon games, which would you pick?

At the risk of sounding callous, I have to answer honestly here: Slowpoke Tails.

As with most Trainers who encountered the shady purveyors of this delicacy in-game throughout the early years of the franchise, I was originally horrified at the prospect of poor Slowpokes being tortured and mutilated for their presumably meaty appendages. After learning that they fall off naturally, the whole taboo of dining on this dish evaporated for me. Bring 'em on (in a socially responsible, sustainable way)!!

Are there any fond memories of playing Pokémon with people you want to share?

Sadly, I have none at all. Apart from a few very young cousins, whose game I once exploited in order to complete my original Red 'dex almost 20 years ago, I have never played Pokémon with another living person (online trading aside). As you can imagine, reliving such a shameful memory of my only irl Pokémon interaction is not done with fondness on my part.  Sad

With that, I'd like to request that you respond to my own questions (above), if you'd be willing Hikikomari. No pressure though, of course. It's all in good fun.  Tongue
(Nov 21, 2018, 03:25 PM)DrumminBeard Wrote: With that, I'd like to request that you respond to my own questions (above), if you'd be willing Hikikomari. No pressure though, of course. It's all in good fun.  

Sounds like fun, I'd love to! I thought I'd just start with the initial questions since I was never tagged by anyone until now.

1. What method(s) did you originally use to find people to play Pokemon with?

Since I started playing Pokémon when I was in elementary school and played it all the time at school, I would usually ask new kids I liked if they played or knew anything about Pokémon. It was one of those things I never hid and people knew me as "The Pokémon kid" as silly as that sounds to say now.
Though, when my friends left the school where I was at and I couldn't make friends there, I had started to become more active in chat rooms online, and started a social network through that. I'd started to get to know one person who played, who knew people who played, who knew people who played and I eventually found myself in one chat room I really enjoyed.
While I started to make friends online through the game, I was playing the Trading Card Game in person and met people to play with through that. One person eventually invited me to a forum which is where I've spent most of my time before finding this forum and I've settled in.

In short, I met people in school or through the Trading Card Game, which led me to start meeting people online when those didn't work out.

2. How long did it take for you to transition from treating the games as single-player JRPGs to multi-player competitive battle strategy games?

It took a while, but part of that was more understanding the games fully as single-player games first. I basically had people hold my hand through learning terminology through my first couple years. I was totally a kid who went "Why is everyone saying Stealth Rock is good? It's terrible, it doesn't even do damage!" through part of that.
I didn't start really considering it as a competitive experience until my second year of high school where I started to play a lot of Showdown online, since the person I was dating at the time would also do that, and we would build teams and they would teach me what made things on a tier list good. That was just after Sun and Moon came out, so it took a good 3 years for me to fully understand the games in single-player, and about 8 for me to understand multiplayer to the point I do right now. (Which is not very well.)

3. When you build your teams, how much emphasis do you put on whether or not each Pokemon appeals to you personally?

While I do keep myself open and remember that I can start to like a Pokémon I didn't like before as I start using it on a team, (since the Trading Card Game taught me that a lot) I usually just tend to stick to old favourites, or my opinions of Pokémon will change over time. Usually if I'm using a Pokémon I don't like from the start, it's because someone really convinced me to try it, I'm trying out something new I've never used before, or because my opinion of it is changing and I'm starting to appreciate it.
0kamii earlier answered with a percentage and I think that's a good way to give a concise answer to this question. So I'll say 75%.
hello I feel like I'm doing this wrong for some reason but here we go!!
1.) Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee release in less than two weeks, and this mod couldn't be more excited! Which one are you getting? If either.

I'm not really sure, probably pikachu but I saw an absolutely adorable screenshot of eevee with flowers and I'm very conflicted now; I'm not completely sure that I'll be getting one of them though. probably just going to wait and see how the next core games are

2.) It's officially November. I'm sure you all have plans for the holiday. What are you doing for Thanksgiving this year?

well I guess it's kind of late because today is thanksgiving and 7 pm here lol
but we played games on a wii with emulators on it as a family including the most confusing game I have ever seen called lester the unlikely? I'm still kinda... processing it

3.) Our unofficial mascot mon of the month, Autumn Sawsbuck, comes to us from the great artist on DeviantArt AnimeMan90. Not everyone is as talented as they are, but if you've drawn or saved anything pokémon-related, we'd love to see it!
I have an unfinished lana![Image: 3HYdVtW.png]
[Image: kcH0ryT](not completely sure how it's going to show up so I hope it doesn't take up the whole page)
Making my fashionably late submission Big Grin Big shout out to @0kamii for yet another s rank meet and greet! Now on to the questions

1.) Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee release in less than two weeks, and this mod couldn't be more excited! Which one are you getting? If either.

That's a really tough one but I think Eevee just edges out since it's never had that box art glory! ......but I don't have a switch yet so FeelsBadMan

2.) It's officially November. I'm sure you all have plans for the holiday. What are you doing for Thanksgiving this year?

No thanksgiving where I am so probably a nice cup of chamomile tea and a early night!

3.) Our unofficial mascot mon of the month, Autumn Sawsbuck, comes to us from the great artist on DeviantArt AnimeMan90. Not everyone is as talented as they are, but if you've drawn or saved anything pokémon-related, we'd love to see it!

I made this Smile [Image: van-gogh-starry-night-vincent-van-gogh.j...entation=0]

Jk I can't draw Sad
Hi, Super Nintendo Chalmers!