Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[SMOGON] [OU] (for now) Drampa Moveset - Special Attacker (Wall Breaker)
So, let me just explain real quick why I love Drampa. This Pokemon can be great. It has great Special Attack with an insane special movepool AND it has an ability that can boost that Special Attack. So i wanted to share a set that I have been using today to take advantage of this.

[Image: drampa_sprite_by_profkardo-da8rog1.png]
Type: Normal / Dragon
Base Stats: 78 HP / 60 Attack / 85 Defense / 135 Special Attack / 91 Special Defense / 36 Speed
Weaknesses: Fighting, Ice, Dragon, Fairy (x2)
Resistances: Electric, Grass, Water, Fire (x.5)
Immunities: Ghost

Abilities:

Berserk: Raises the Pokemon's Special Attack stat by 1 when it's HP becomes half or less
Sap Sipper: Raises the Pokemon's attack when hit by a Grass type move
Cloud Nine (Hidden Ability): Ignore the effects of weather

The Set
Wall Breaker

[Image: drampa_sprite_by_profkardo-da8rog1.png]
Drampa @ Choice specs
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 180 HP / 0 Atk / 0 Def / 252 SpA / 0 SpD / 76 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam

So this is the set that I've been running the most. First, the ability. I know I mentioned how much I like Berserk as an ability on Drampa, but when I was using this set I tended to switch out a lot so i couldn't really take advantage of Berserk for more than the 1 turn that it activated. So I switched to Sap Sipper and used it as an opportunity for a free switch on Grass types and Celesteela's Leech Seed. For the moveset, Drampa has a lot of coverage moves to choose from so I'll give a quick explanation of why I picked these. Draco Meteor is Drampa's strongest attack so not much of an explanation there. Fire Blast hits steel types for super effective damage since they resist Dragon. Then Thunderbolt and Ice Beam are just there for coverage moves, although i do run this set on a team with Tapu Koko and Thunderbolt in Electric Terrain picks up a lot of nice KOs which I will list below. As for the EV spread, the 76 Speed EVs gives Drampa a speed stat of 127 which out-speeds uninvested, neutral nature Alola Marowak (126 speed). The rest i just put into HP for overall bulk. BTW these EVs are for lvl 100. Just thought I'd mention that.

Damage Calculations:

Offensive

252+ SpA Choice Specs Drampa Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Toxapex: 265-313 (87.1 - 102.9%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Drampa Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Celesteela: 402-474 (101 - 119%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Drampa Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Marowak-Alola: 298-352 (91.9 - 108.6%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Drampa Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Toxapex in Electric Terrain: 366-432 (120.3 - 142.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Drampa Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Celesteela in Electric Terrain: 494-582 (124.1 - 146.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Potential Teammates

Steel and Fairy Types - Dragon / Fairy / Steel Cores have great type synergy
Volt-Turn Combo - The more times you can get Drampa in safely, the better. This is a good way to do that
Hazard Support - If you look at the calcs, Hazards would help ensure a lot of KOs. I also include a way to get rid of Hazards in Hazard Support
Trick Room - It is slow enough to be a Trick Room Sweeper
Weather - Drampa has access to some strong moves that can abuse weather. I will include them in a list below

Threats

Fairy Types - They threaten all Dragon types
Hazards - As I mentioned previously, I was switching in and out a lot. The chip damage from hazards is a problem.
Blissey - Focus Blast has a small chance to 2HKO Blissey (about 27%), but Blissey can easily just stall it out.

Other Notable Moves

Here is a list of all of the coverage moves Drampa has access to (not including the ones in the set):

- Focus Blast
- Energy Ball
- Hyper Voice (STAB)
- Extrasensory
- Blizzard (Hail Teams)
- Solar Beam (Sun Teams)
- Hurricane (Rain Teams)
- Thunder (Rain Teams)
- Surf
- Flamethrower (If you prefer accuracy over power)
- Shadow Ball

So overall I believe that Drampa has a chance to be a great wall breaker in whatever tier it ends up in once the meta develops more. It has the versatility in its move pool to be able to hit most of the types in the game for super effective damage and to fit on a variety of different teams. Let me know what you think. I did build a team around Drampa that i will make an RMT (rate my team) post for once i get some better battle replays on showdown. If you made it this far then Thank You for reading and have a nice day