Poll: What Pokémon should I write about for my next build?
This poll is closed.
Buzzwole
0%
0 0%
Lycanroc-Midday
43.75%
7 43.75%
Vikavolt
56.25%
9 56.25%
Other (please specify in the thread)
0%
0 0%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[SMOGON] [Singles] Bewear Moveset- Physical Attacker (2 Options)
Hey, you! Yeah, you, reading the post! While you're at it, would you mind voting in the poll for my next moveset? Thank you very much, you're so sweet <3

Bewear

Bewear

Type: Normal/Fighting
Weaknesses: Psychic, Fighting, Flying, Fairy (Fire if its ability is Fluffy) (X2)
Resistances: Bug, Dark, Rock (X0,5) and Ghost (X0)

Abilities:

Fluffy: Halves the damage taken from moves that make direct contact, but doubles that of Fire-type moves.

Klutz: The Pokémon cannot receive any effect of hold items except those that affect experience such as Exp.Share or Macho Brace.

Hidden Ability:

Unnerve: The opponent Pokémon will never use their held Berry while the Pokémon is in battle. Opponents in S.O.S. Battles are more likely to call for help.

Base stats: 120 HP / 125 Attack / 80 Defense / 55 Special Attack / 60 Special Defense / 60 Speed

I love Bewear so much. LOOK AT THOSE STATS OH MY LORD. AND FLUFFY DOUBLES ITS DEFENSE, THIS IS NOT OK. Sure, it's Special Defense and Speed are pretty average, but that honestly doesn't even matter; it has so much HP that it's Sp Def is still usable, and its enormous bulk balances out its bad speed. Plus it's cute. Like, really cute. But it will smash you. While being cute. BEWARE BEWEAR

1. AV Care Bear

Bewear

Bewear @ Assault Vest
Ability: Fluffy
EVs: 200 HP / 244 Atk / 64 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Ice Punch
- Superpower/Hammer Arm
- Shadow Claw/Thunder Punch/Earthquake/Facade

This set capitalizes on Bewear's great HP and Attack and decent Sp Def that is boosted by the Assault Vest, which allows it to tank a lot of hits and retaliate hard. While not being especially great defensively, Normal/Fighting is a decent typing because of its key resistance to Dark, a type that has been very threatening since the beginning of X/Y where Knock Off was buffed, becoming one of the best competitive move in the OverUsed metagame. Offensively, though, Normal/Fighting is pretty interesting; Fighting covers well for Normal since it allows it to not be walled by Steel and Rock types, and its wide movepool allows it to get past through what would usually check it; it has Shadow Claw and Brutal Swing for Ghost types (and Psychic types, but only to hit them on the switch; don't stay in against a Psychic type), Ice Punch forFlying types and fat Ground types such as Landorus-T and Hippowdon, Thunder Punch to hit both Celesteela ad Toxapex for super effective damage while having synergy with Ice Punch (BoltBeam combo; Ice and Electric are good offensive types together since they can hit most things for neutral), Earthquake to hit Toxapex harder, and even Facade to take advantage of its weakness (not literally a weakness) to status. Return is its strongest Normal STAB (besides Double Edge, but you don't want to lose HP on a set focused on taking hits, especially since it doesn't have recovery) and hits a lot of things for strong, neutral damage. For the Fighting STAB, there are two main options; Superpower is usually the better one, as it is stronger, but if you don't want the defense/attack drop, then you can also opt for Hammer Arm, though it will drop Speed. Ice Punch is pretty much mandatory since it hits Flying and Ground types, who would be otherwise threatening for Bewear. For the last moveslot, you can go with whatever you want to help with your team's weaknesses, but I listed the better options (in my opinion). Use this set to pivot into weaker attacks and then hit something hard, but if you get it in safely, you can also send it out on stronger attackers to pick off weakened Pokémon or to deal a lot of damage. This set doesn't really get a lot of KOs; it is mostly a pivot that can weaken the opposing team for its partners. Keep in mind that because of Fluffy, it can eat up SO MUCH hits, so you can play a bit more recklessly against physical attackers. The EVs allows it to avoid the 2HKO from defensive Tapu Fini's Moonblast while being still fairly strong.

calcs:

Offensive:

244+ Atk Bewear Return vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tapu Lele: 225-265 (80 - 94.3%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

244+ Atk Bewear Return vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tapu Koko: 204-240 (72.5 - 85.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

244+ Atk Bewear Superpower vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Celesteela: 204-240 (51.2 - 60.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Even without a boosting item, it can still 2HKO a ton of things.

Defensive:

0 SpA Tapu Fini Moonblast vs. 200 HP / 64 SpD Assault Vest Bewear: 180-212 (41.7 - 49.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Tapu Koko Dazzling Gleam vs. 200 HP / 64 SpD Assault Vest Bewear: 252-299 (58.4 - 69.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Tapu Lele Moonblast vs. 200 HP / 64 SpD Assault Vest Bewear: 288-338 (66.8 - 78.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Aerilate Pinsir-Mega Return vs. 200 HP / 0 Def Fluffy Bewear: 300-354 (69.6 - 82.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (HUH?)

It can eat up a lot of super effective hits and retaliate hard (see offensive calcs)

2. Bulky Band

Bewear

Bewear @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Return/Double-Edge
- Superpower/Hammer Arm
- Ice Punch

This set is all about taking hits and dealing a lot of damage, thanks to the Choice Band, which boosts its Attack by 1,5 times. While it is not as bulky as the Assault Vest set, it can still take a ton of physical hits because of Fluffy, which is honestly a great ability. , Normal/Fighting is a decent typing because of its key resistance to Dark, a type that has been very threatening since the beginning of X/Y where Knock Off was buffed, becoming one of the most used competitive move in OU. Normal/Fighting is interesting offensively too, as Fighting covers for some of the things that would wall Normal, and that's without considering the surprising amount of coverage it gets, allowing it to deal heavy damage to some of its usual checks. For the moves, Return is a very strong Normal STAB without few drawbacks to hit, but Double Edge can be used for maximum damage output at the cost of recoil damage. For the Fighting STAB, there are two main options; Superpower is usually the better one, as it is stronger, but if you don't want the defense/attack drop, then you can also opt for Hammer Arm, though it will drop Speed. Ice Punch is pretty much mandatory since it hits Flying and Ground types, who would be otherwise threatening for Bewear. For its last moves, it will mostly depend on your team's weaknesses, because it has a lot of options to take on a lot of things: Shadow Claw is used to hit Ghost and Psychic types, Thunder Punch hits both Toxapex and Celesteela for super effective damage and is especially good when paired with Ice Punch (BoltBeam), Earthquake hits Toxapex way harder, and Facade abuses the fact that Bewear is prone to status to get a very strong move. Fluffy allows it to take so many physical hits, so you can play more recklessly against physical attackers if needed. The EVs allow it to take a lot of hits while hitting hard, but if you want a bit of speed, I'd recommend these sets instead:

Alternative EV spreads:

Bewear @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 36 Def / 220 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Return/Double-Edge
- Superpower/Hammer Arm
- Ice Punch

Outspeeds 8 Speed Rotom-W.

Bewear @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 72 Def / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return/Double-Edge
- Superpower/Hammer Arm
- Ice Punch

Outspeeds 8 Speed Landorus-T.

calcs:

Offensive:

252+ Atk Choice Band Bewear Superpower vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Celesteela: 306-361 (76.8 - 90.7%) -- 25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Choice Band Bewear Return vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tapu Bulu: 237-279 (84.3 - 99.2%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Choice Band Bewear Return vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tapu Koko: 306-360 (108.8 - 128.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Bewear Return vs. 248 HP / 216+ Def Tapu Fini: 178-211 (51.8 - 61.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Bewear Ice Punch vs. 240 HP / 176+ Def Garchomp: 416-492 (99.7 - 117.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Bewear Ice Punch vs. 248 HP / 244+ Def Landorus-Therian: 272-324 (71.3 - 85%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Where is your switch in? I don't see it... Oh wait. IT'S GONE. BOOP.

Defensive:

252 Atk Landorus-Therian Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Fluffy Bewear: 106-126 (23.9 - 28.4%) -- 95.6% chance to 4HKO

+6 252+ Atk Technician Scizor-Mega Bullet Punch vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Fluffy Bewear: 288-339 (65 - 76.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Aerilate Pinsir-Mega Return vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Fluffy Bewear: 296-350 (66.8 - 79%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

stronka wonka care bear

Special Walls: Bewear has fairly poor Special Defense without the Assault Vest, so special walls can help with that.

Special Wallbreakers: Bewear can struggle against physical walls, but special wallbreakers can remove them, and Bewear can do the same for special walls.

Hazard Setters: Bewear sometimes needs hazards to net some specific KOs, so having a partner with Stealth Rock is very important.

Alolan Muk: Alolan Muk, especially with the Assault Vest, can switch in against both Psychic and Fairy types and KO them with its STABs, which really helps Bewear. It can also Pursuit trap them, and also take a good amount of special hits to help out Bewear.

Dark and Psychic types: A Dark/Fighting/Psychic core can be very threatening offensively, so consider pairing Bewear with those.

Super Effective Hits: Pretty obvious: super effective=big damage. Beware of coverage moves too, such as Dazzling Gleam Gengar.

Special Attacks: Without the Assault Vest, it will die to most special attacks. Even with it, it will die to strong special hits.

Physical Walls: Physical walls can sponge Bewear's attacks with ease, so be sure to have a good Special Attacker to take care of them.

Hope you guys enjoy this build, if you have any questions ask them below and I'll make sure to answer them (or try to).
HA FIRST.

Nice write up, I love bewear and you ok bye
RIP Miranda Cosgrove 1975-2017
ugh fine I voted, thanks for being more polite on here than on the discord calling us nerds
"#PopplioSquadIsLit"

Previously known as Julia234
(Dec 13, 2016, 04:43 PM)Squeab Wrote: HA FIRST.

Thank you Smile

(Dec 13, 2016, 04:43 PM)Colette Wrote: ugh fine I voted, thanks for being more polite on here than on the discord calling us nerds

@Colette I would never do that
(Dec 13, 2016, 04:46 PM)Elly Wrote:
(Dec 13, 2016, 04:43 PM)Squeab Wrote: HA FIRST.

Thank you Smile

(Dec 13, 2016, 04:43 PM)Colette Wrote: ugh fine I voted, thanks for being more polite on here than on the discord calling us nerds

@Colette I would never do that
oh really

[Image: Screen_Shot_2016-12-13_at_3.46.31_PM.png]
"#PopplioSquadIsLit"

but i said thanks
(Dec 13, 2016, 04:49 PM)Elly Wrote: but i said thanks

ok, good job, that's a breakthrough ;]

Oh yeah and forgot, sorry I made your eyes bleed with the white background (not)
"#PopplioSquadIsLit"

Yaaas popplio sqaud forever?