1 33.33%
Ultra Necrozma
0%
0 0%
Total 3 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[SPOILER] A Headcanon of Mine I Thought I'd Share
THIS POST CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR POKÉMON ULTRA SUN AND ULTRA MOON.
IF YOU HAVE NOT COMPLETED THESE GAMES, I STRONGLY ADVISE YOU TO LEAVE NOW.
So, while I was playing Pokémon Ultra Sun, I started to build up this small headcanon about how Necrozma's whole problem works, and the effects it can have on both humans and Pokémon.
It started out as simple as "everything has light, and if something loses its light, it can drive itself insane trying to get its light back."
It slowly built up until it became all of this information that I've written as though it's in some scientist's journal. I like to imagine its Faba's or Colress's, but you can imagine anyone, really.
I might actually write a fanfiction or something revolving around this.
Thanks to @Dragon's Blood  for her help with writing this!
Anyway, onto the "journal entries:"
Necrozma's Story
    As you may already know, Necrozma is a being that had its Aura Light (also known as Z-power) stolen from it by its followers. It once shined vibrantly and spread its Aura Light all across its land, in which the people of said land basked. However, those people felt entitled to as much Light as they so desired. So, they came to Necrozma and stole its Light, stripping it of its godlike form and reducing it to nothing more than a crystallized beast that hungered for the Light it lost. Eventually, it made its way into our dimension, fusing itself with Solgaleo and dragging it, along with the Light from our world, back to its home dimension. It used our Light to transform itself back into its true form. The current Champion of our region defeated it in fierce combat. Weakened and distressed, Necrozma defused from Solgaleo and reentered our world, hiding in a massive crater on Mount Lanakila until it was found and ultimately captured by the Champion.
Aura Light Regulator Energy Pattern
    Each universe has its own Aura Light Regulator Energy Pattern (ALREP for short). The purpose of ALREPs are to help living beings of that world maintain the amount of light they require to survive. For example, if one being were to be in its home universe and have too much light stored in its body, the ALREP force would remove the excess light. If it did not have enough light, the ALREP force would give it the amount of Light it needs. The only beings currently known that are unnaffected by ALREP forces are Lunala, Solgaleo, and Necrozma.
Necrozma Syndrome
    Each thing in existence has a specific amount of Light it requires to survive. As far as my knowledge goes, the amount required can vary depending on mass, volume, density, typing (for Pokémon), species, and the dimension they reside in. Most universes have very similar Light requirements, however, there are a few universes that require much more or much less light.
    However, upon entry of an alternate world where Aura Light isn't much needed, Light that resides within the visitor is sucked out of it the from the ALREP force until they cannot function properly. It can cause loss of consciousness, memory loss, and, in severe cases, the growth of black, painful crystals over their flesh until they are almost completely covered, much like Necrozma's weakened form. This is called NZS, or Necrozma Syndrome. 
    There is no known cure for NZS, but, if Aura Light is restored in the beginnings of crystal growth, the crystals may be surgically removed. There is a way to prevent it altogether, and that is a device called an "Energy Regulation Force Modifier," or ERFM. They change the ALREP force around the holder/wearer (as they are built into the suits of the Ultra Recon Squad) so that it matches the force of their home world. They are most commonly seen as masks that envelop the lower face, and are often combined with gas masks.
Totem Syndrome
    Upon entry of an alternate world where Aura Light is needed much more than the visitor's, more Light is forced into the visitor by that universe's ALREP force until their body is forced to increase in volume. Totem Pokémon are rumored to be hybrids of Pokémon from worlds with very different ALREPS, causing it to rapidly absorb and release Light. The absorbtion of Light causes its large size, and the release of Light creates an aura around it, which is where the term "Aura Light" comes from. The light Ultra Beasts give off is not Aura Light, but rather a special type of energy called "Beast Aura" that generates from excess emotion.
    Excessive amounts of excess light absorbtion is known as Totem Syndrome. It is preventable with an ERFM.
pls notice me