Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

My Statue Collection!
I will end up doing multiple post in this thread for my statues, since I want to do some more detailed photos of them and give an explanation on each one. Things like MSRP, what I paid, where I got it from,why I got it and what series, game or comic the character(s) are from. I've not gotten as many statues as I want, but I will be getting many more, I assure you.

-FEATURED STATUE-
Heart DC Comics Bombshells Catwoman Heart

The MSRP of this statue is $124.99. I was going to get it from my local comic shop, but they sold it. I ended up buying it online at Big Bad Toy Store. They sell the statue on their site for $99.99+S&H and I believe I was taxed on it, so I ended up not saving a whole lot of money, which for me was fine because I REALLY wanted this statue. This isn't my first Bombshells series statue, and it won't be my last.

The Bombshells statues are based on comic variant covers that DC did featuring comic heroines depicted as 1940's, 50's and 60's Bombshells. They featured pretty much all of their popular heroines as Bombshells, but a few stood out from the rest. Catwoman was one of those for me, though sadly I was not able to get her Bombshell cover. I loved Bombshell art even before DC decided to do variants using their characters, so this was a huge treat for me. The event was so successful that DC has since made tons of merchandise featuring their Bombshells. Stuff like wallets, calendars, blankets, classes and, you guessed it, statues. The statues come in a limited run of 5200 and they are numbered. They have done reprints of the more popular statues with the same limit of 5200, with many more new statues coming out this year.

If you don't know who Catwoman is, she is a character primarily featured in Batman comics, cartoons and movies, but she also has her own comic series. She hovers between villain and hero, but she's mostly a cat burglar. Hence the moniker Catwoman, but her real name is Selina Kyle. She often acts as a love interest for Batman and has been one of the most popular and successful female characters from the Batman franchise.

[Image: IMG_0340_zps5znlixe7.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0337_zpsfco4j1xg.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0335_zpskqro3iti.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0332_zpsqgkqetoz.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0327_zpsyn1iooib.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0322_zpssl8wrfyp.jpg]
Awesome statue!  The secretary look is great on her! I was just thinking today about posting some of my anime statues in here.  I've got a huge collection and no one talk statue's with ever.
Quote:Awesome statue! The secretary look is great on her! I was just thinking today about posting some of my anime statues in here. I've got a huge collection and no one talk statue's with ever.

Yeah, it's the "purrfect" look for Catwoman! You should totally post a thread with your statues. I've only just started collecting last year, so I don't have much, but I will get some photos at a friend of mine who has been doing it for a long time and has way to many statues.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

-FEATURED STATUE-
Heart Kotobukiya Marvel Bishoujo Wasp Heart

The MSRP of this statue is $69.99, but you can find it for just under $50. I got this statue from my local comic shop, Coliseum of Comics, for the retail price and used a membership stamp card to save $15. Wasp is one of my personal favorites from the Marvel universe and is one of the reasons I got this statue.

Kotobukiya's Bishoujo line f statues are more than affordable and they cover a lot of ground. You can get Marvel, DC, Capcom and more from their line of statues. They are not a numbered limited print, but they don't last forever. Many of the earlier statues are worth well over $500 USD now. Bishoujo is the Japanese term for beautiful girl. These status take, mostly, American characters and give them the Japanese anime pretty girl treatment. I was more than familiar with super heroes from when I was a kid, but I got into anime and manga well before I got into comics, so this is a great treat for me.

Marvel has so many alternate universes and story arcs that it gets more than a little confusing, so I won't get too much into back story and who she is. What you need to know is that Wasp is to Ant-Man what War Machine is to Ironman.... and maybe a little more. (She's also been his Pepper Potts.) Since Disney's acquisition of Marvel they have done many annoying things with the comics to promote, tie in and in some cases harm the cinematic marvel movies. This can be quite frustrating to new comic readers such as myself when their favorite comics are being rebooted, passed off and otherwise screwed up, but I still love many of the Marvel stories.

[Image: IMG_0365_zpsx2nhc9zm.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0384_zpsqd81erzd.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0391_zpsji0ujony.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0396_zpsgjmvraqr.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0399_zpsbk9xlj7y.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0404_zps2mswhttf.jpg]