Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

SUGGESTION: OP ⬌ Admin of Thread
Lightbulb 
Threads occasionally become overpopulated with spammed replies to the original post...

For Example: PruuChan's "Taking PokéGen Requests..." Thread is full of multiple requests and unnecessary comments, creating numerous pages of unneeded material.

To alleviate this thread traffic, how about the original poster (OP) has the power to delete/remove or hide certain replies? This would come in handy for someone with a thread like PruuChan's in that OP could delete/hide already completed requests - rather than individually asking people to delete their replies, or contact a mod for hundreds of posts - making it easier to see and complete unattended and/or future requests! :D
While I understand the concern, it's probably not best to give every OP that sort of power. Under normal conditions, it's best for the staff to handle problems like the one you mentioned since the OP of a topic could potentially abuse the power. (Besides, Pruuchan wasn't even there to be able to fix it even if she had the power.)

I would've gotten to it sooner if it wasn't finals week. I apologize. The posts related to the problem have been deleted and appropriate action was taken on the offender.
I'm the lead developer for the site! (Formerly My Cupcake Money)
[ My Stream | My Pokeradar Thing ]
Let me know if anything comes up~