Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[SUN/MOON] Battle Tree Pokemon Questions
So, I have never really been a competitive player of pokemon, never really payed much attention to EVs, IVs, Battle Mansion or Battle Trees.  End game for me has always been hunting around for a 100% Dex and Nat. Dex and some shineys should they happen.

This Generation brings something different, and end game that is truely reachable pretty early on with no National Dex and shiny charm easliy obtained.

I wanted to start doing that Battle tree and maybe even move on to real PvP battle, which I have never done before.  I was wondering what some good pokemon are, if there are links to pages that explain what pokemon are "Good" versus ones that should just not be choosen for competitive play, how to train them, how to make sure you have the best of a good pokemon.

I've never done this stuff and really dont know where to look or what to look for, so any help would be amazing and Thank you!
When I first started going into the competetive scene, I used http://www.smogon.com , and then going to STRATEGY POKéDEX. From there you can search for Pokémon movesets and whatnot. There are also tiers there, to work out which Pokémon are too OP for others. Tiers are why Beautifly can never go up against a Kyogre.

The S/M Strategy Pokédex has not been updated yet, as far as I can tell, but there are still really good sets from most, if not all, Pokémon from Gen 6 and below.

EV Training - Personally, I use Poké Pelago's isle Evelup (1 train = +4) because I'm lazy, but... There is SOS chaining as well! First, try and get all the Power Items, which makes ev training much faster - spam the Battle Tree/Battle Royal to get neccesary BP to buy these items. Then try to get Pokérus on each Pokémon you want to EV train. I think you get twice as many EV's in one battle.

Get a Pokémon with Intimidate and get some Adrenaline Orbs. As well as that, get a strong False Swiper/Hold Backer - such as the event Munchlax (should be a Snorlax now Wink ) or a Buzzwole.

Initiate SOS battle with the corresponding Pokémon to raise corresponding EV's.

(Malie City-GrimerHP) (Paniola Town-Mudbray or LillipupAttack) (Route 12-Geodude or Torkoal Defense) (Brooklet Hill-PsyduckSpecial Attack) (Hau'oli City (Surf)TentacoolSpecial Defense) (Seaward Cave-Zubat or Diglett-Speed) 

Start off with your intimidator, and throw an Adrenaline Orb. Then switch to your false swiper to get the Pokémon to 1HP. Then go to the Pokémon you are EV training and attack the Pokémon to the left and get it to faint. Never attack the Pokémon with 1HP. Have a bounty of Leppa Berrys or PP Restores - Leppa Berries can easily be farmed in Poke Pelago - should PP ever run out.

After you feel you've reached neccessary EV's, run away, and look at your EV's. If one stat is *sparkling* you've reached the max EV's for it.

As for IV training, that isn't my department, as I normally ask other people to breed for me, or train to Level 100, go to Mr Hyper and use Bottle Caps/Gold Bottle Caps.

hope you found my guide useful. you probably didn't. 
:D
High impact memes
<3 Fire Emblem <3 Pokémon