Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[SUN/MOON] Mismagius moveset-Special Attacker
Type: Ghost
Weaknesses: Ghost (X2) Psychic (X2)
Resistances: Normal (X0) Fighting (X0) Poisoin (X0.5) Bug (X0.5)
Abilities: This Pokemon only gets Access to Levitate, which grants it immunity to ground-type moves. This ability can be ignored if the oppenet has the ability mold breaker, uses fling with an iron ball, or if your holding an iron ball for that matter, but why would you?, uses Thousand Arrows, uses Sky Drop, Gastro Acid, or has the abilities Terravolt or Turboblaze.
Base stats: 60 HP / 60 Attack / 60 Defense / 105 Special Attack / 105 Special Defense / 105 Speed

Mismagius @ Sitrus berry/ Payapa Berry/ Kasib Berry/ Petaya Berry
Ability: Levitate (Duh.)
Nature: Modest (+Special Attack -Attack)
EV's: 252 Special Attack/ 126 Special Defense/ 130 Speed
IV's: 0 Attack/Defense (One or the other)

-Shadow Ball
-Calm mind ™
-Sucker Punch (Breed with Level 22 Gastly)/ Memento (Breed with Level 33 Litwick)
-Nasty Plot (Breed with level 53 Hypno)/  Taunt ™/ Will-o-Wisp ™

*Deep Breath* Why the heck has no one messed with this Pokemon's untold potentail?! It has great stats and can fill in many roles for your team. The one I've chosen today is a Special Attacker. The way I set this one up, It can Stand up to it's main counters with Will-o-Wisp, who are Registeel, Clefable and Steelix. Pokemon like Chandelure who can't be Will-o-Wisped and who are Specially defensively invested should be switched out on or spam calm mind/ nasty plot and use taunt so just in case they decide to setup on you.

For items, Sitrus berry will heal you if your in a pinch and aren't finished setting up, and the others lessen super effective ghost type and psychic type moves, and the last one raises you special attack when dropped to 25% or lower HP. This on is strongly suggested as Mismagius has Low HP.

Some Clacuations and Cautions:

1. ANY andd almost ALL Physical attackers destroy this Pokemon.
2. Watch out for super-effective physical hits, such as mega horn.
(Sorry for lack of specifics. I just wanted to write a little helpful guide for those who aren't extremely competitive. btw it took me 2 and 1/2 hours to type and research this.)

Some exceptonal teamates for a singles Mismagius are:
-Carbink, it's good for taking hits and setting up reflect and light screen. This is for if you don't lead with Mismagius.
-Gardevoir, after you use your last straw memento, Gardevoir (Mega, if you want) will most definitly be able to survive that Pokemon's hits.
-Bug-Type Pokemon, such as Scolipede, to deal with the pesky Mega-Alakazams, as your fast, have megahorn, and a great attack stat.

Some weaknesses are:
1. Chandelure, as previously mentioned, this thing can't be Will-o-wisped and in the case it has a high special defense and  Special Attack, it may put up a good fight given the proper moveset such as encour, me first, shadow ball, or taunt.

2. Physical attackers like Arcanine who has flare blitz or other non-normal or fighting or non-ground type attacks, AKA outrage Garchomp.

3. Golduck can WRECK this thing with disable and STAB Psychic or STAB Aqua Tail.