Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[SUN/MOON] My complaints/praise for sun and moon
(Nov 20, 2016, 08:12 PM)dharcanine Wrote: I feel better about this one than I did XY. The only thing I liked better in XY were the environments. Also why does it still lag in double battles. It's not even in 3d there's no reason for this <,<

Its probably because there is too much going on on screen, having the pokemon trainers being animated behind the pokemon plus 4 pokemon and the crazy animations of attacks might be a bit too much
I am coplaining that Europe has to wait 2 more days.
(Nov 21, 2016, 07:07 AM)Kibobo Wrote:
(Nov 20, 2016, 08:12 PM)dharcanine Wrote: I feel better about this one than I did XY. The only thing I liked better in XY were the environments. Also why does it still lag in double battles. It's not even in 3d there's no reason for this <,<

Its probably because there is too much going on on screen, having the pokemon trainers being animated behind the pokemon plus 4 pokemon and the crazy animations of attacks might be a bit too much

The lag spikes are pretty rough, but on the other hand, the quality of the animations are top notch.
I like the lack of gyms its different. And kukui best professor
I love the feel of not having Gyms. Yes its a bit weird not having them in pokemon but it gives it more of a typical RPG feel. Some may not like that but I honestly love that it feels more like a modern RPG.
My only complain in this gen is WHY IS THERE NO ODDISH LINE?! I mean, they should have put oddish line just for BELLOSSOM itself! :O

There are so many good things in this gen. My absolute favorite is Pokemon Refesh! It made me feel like I should take good care of my pokemon compared to the old gens. I love wiping them clean and making them dry, then giving them a treat and patting them on the head. Never have I ever been so close to my pokemon before.
My only complaints are Ultra Beasts and Team Skull. Other than that it's the best game I've played since Platinum and possibly the best
Also the festival plaza is okay but I like how it was in X/Y/OR/AS better
Pros

Dunno what to say, other than i'm still having a blast!
Also, Trials are a GREAT break from traditional gyms.
Wishiwashi is the coolest pokemon design i've seen in AGES.
HM Slaves are no longer needed with the whole "Ride" system.

Cons

Intro took forever. Felt like i spent 2 hours mashing the A button.
Festival Plaza is quite confusing. A friend got online to trade and it took me 20 minutes to find him. In XY and ORAS your registered friends come right to the top, and in game to boot! In SuMo you have to go to the plaza, then go inside the castle, and refresh your visitor list a dozen times until they show up. then you can finally VIP them so they are easier to find in the future. Like why can my registered friends just be automatic VIPs?
While it is nice that pokemon refresh can cure status conditions, it feels like Pokemon Amie, but forced. Cause if i choose not to use it i miss out on all the in game benefits. I do my pokemon refresh once or twice a day, and i swear, its 20 minutes wasted each time.

Ultimate Con - Calling for help. UGH. Everytime i'm trying to catch something i get its HP into the red and it calls for a buddy. (I only ever use premier balls) You can't throw a pokeball while there are more then one pokemon in front of you. And yet i have to battle 1 vs 2! like, when the other side gets a second pokemon, why cant i throw out a second pokemon too? i have 6 pokemon on me! So unfair.
I'm overall positive on this gen so far. Pokemon refresh is really nice, and affection is just... so good.

My starter got the "survive with one hp" bonus during the last fight for the league. "Poppy held on, so you wouldn't have to feel sad." That won me the fight. My heart.
The trials are interesting. Doing away with HMs has been a long, long time coming, and I really like the character design so far. On the flip side, there were far too many cutscenes, the pokemon of this gen are slow, to the point that escaping battles becomes a chore. I don't think there were enough gen seven pokemon. The pokedex overall was huge, which is great, but I didn't feel like there was enough original mon this gen.

Again, I'm definitely overall in the positive side for this one, and I'm looking forward to seeing what we can do with it!