Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[SUN/MOON] PFA Season 5 Finals Results: Colour Me Embarrassed
Hello. Coach of the Toronto Maple Leafeons, Tommy AKA AbruptFury, here. Just noticed that I never displayed the winner of the PFA. My apologies to those who were eager to hear about it. It must've completely slipped my mind. I'm very forgetful. Unfortunately the link that held the replay to the finals won't display the battle from what I assume is a result of changes to pokemonshowdown's servers. Here's the link anyway http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7cu...-595220826 . Maybe someone can find a way to watch it. I'm not really tech savvy. I will simply go over the teams, the history, and the outcome of the match (as that is really all I can cover at this point. I wasn't even in the finals).

The Team Line-up

Ralker (Orlando Magikarp): Mega-Alakazam, Landorus-T, Rotom-Wash, Darmanitan, Tangrowth, Aromatisse, Sneasel, Hydreigon, Registeel, Dragalge, Hitmonlee

BigEZ66 (Montgomery Marowaks: Kyurem-B, Zapdos, Gligar, Primarina, Mienshao, Drapion, Koffing, Heatran, Diggersby, Carracosta, Avalugg

History of Ralker
  • He was undefeated until @Wenwuk stopped his streak.
  • The last time he and EZ encountered, Ralker was victorious.
  • His top Pokemon on his team has been his Mega Alakazam, which becomes the 2nd best Pokemon in the MVP race to @GingerxPug 's Weavile.
  • In my experience facing Ralker, I would say the most difficult thing to deal with on his team was his switch initiative. Rotom-Wash has Volt Switch, while Landorus-T, Darmanitan, Hydreigon, and Tsareena all have U-turn. This benefited him against my team and the Trick Room mode I brought against him, as he was able to stall it out without much trouble.

History of EZ
  • He hasn't been as successful as Ralker. Losing to @GingerxPug, Ralker, @Slec, and @TrafalgarLaw47 in the lead-up to playoffs.
  • His top Pokemon on his team has been Drapion, which rested at 6th place by the end of the season.
  • In my experience facing EZ, I would say the most difficult thing to deal with on his team was the fact that his team was so bulky and offensive at the same time. His top tier threats also covered each other quite well. And of course, I underestimated Avalugg lol.

And The Winner Is...

I was actually quite one-sided when I watching them playing each other. The finals was decided to be best of one as well, so that made it all the worse for the loser because I'm pretty sure they just kind of got tilted from either making a bad play or not expecting a tech to come out from his opponent's Pokemon. Without anymore stalling, forgetting, waiting, debating, guessing, assuming, addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, monkeys, firetrucks, and everything magenta, the winner of the match was EZ.

A true underdog story really. He made it into the playoffs as the top wild card, to go on and beat the top coach of the season. Making it all the more definitive in him being the champion of the season. Ralker's team had some trouble breaking EZ's. EZ had the prep game down. His Koffing even managed to get some kills in the season. Which probably makes it the most successful hype mon in all of league. He did tell me, however, that he had gotten the idea of drafting Koffing from another league player though. Nonetheless, he used it mighty effectively. Congratulations, BigEZ66!

Final Conclusion

Thank you for tuning in to my PFA Season 5 reports. I hope you enjoyed them. Still feel silly about not making this last article sooner on the most important match in the league. Season 6 should be coming up sometime in December I believe. When the Ultra Sun Ultra Moon games have been released. Can't wait to see what they have to offer. I've seen CoroCoro leaks on possible new UBs already. So that's pretty cool. The UBs are very strong.

I don't know if I will be doing reports on pokemonforever.com anymore Sad the traffic this way, the absence of Justin for some time, and the lack of moderation in the site has made me feel like it's going down hill. Also, the draft is being renamed eventually. So I think I will stick to posting them on my new blog :D http://azumarillhill.blogspot.ca/ Come check it out! See you later o/