Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[SUN/MOON] PFA Season 5 Semifinals Results
Hello everyone. Coach-turned-analyzer, AbruptFury here. Last week, I was eliminated from the PFA Playoffs season. We had a good run, but it just was not our year. But there are still 4 teams left in the scramble.

The remaining teams are:

In the blue division
- The Indianapolis Keldeos (coached by Alec)
- The Orlando Magikarp (coached by Ralker)

And in the red division
- The Montgomery Marowaks (coached by EZ)
- The Toronto Staraptors (coached by GammaGoGamma)

The final two from each conference are opponents this week.

The Battle Videos

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7cu...-593523597 : Orlando Magikarp vs. Indianapolis Keldeos

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7cu...-593486023 : Toronto Staraptors vs. Montgomery Marowaks

DO NOT SCROLL BEYOND THIS POINT UNLESS YOU ARE ALRIGHT WITH SPOILERS! JUST A LITTLE CAPS LOCK HEADS UP!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Match Analysiseseses

About the first match: I think that the couple of misses Alec had against Ralker were really unfortunate. Mega Alakazam continuing to be around put pressure on his Keldeo since I'm pretty positive it was Choice Specs. It had some power behind it to be able to break Tangrowth upon switch in. But at the same time, I kind of think Ralker deserved to win more because that VoltTurn combination was just so brutal the whole time. And I don't feel like Alec dealt with it well enough, like on the turn where Landorus-T comes in on Pangoro and then just U-turns out into Rotom-W for free on Pangoro's Ice Punch. But you know what move would've been really good against Ralker's VoltTurn core? Freeze-Dry :D

For the second match: Looking at Gamma's team, it gets shredded by Mienshao. Which is exactly what happens. EZ was clever in putting Drain Punch on Mienshao over Hi Jump Kick because of the whole Wish Protect stuff that Umbreons usually pull. Once Cresselia went down, there was no Fighting type switch in. Diggersby also had a good time, but that was cut short against Umbreon. I'm not really sure why EZ just sacked it off to him when he could've just gone Primarina and blew Umbreon back. Maybe he was fearing Toxic coming out. I'm not sure. I was really worried about that Infernape getting out of control because of it's diverse movepool, power, and speed. Roar on Umbreon's Protect was really cheeky. In the end, Scarf Mienshao had it in the bag.

In Conclusion

Good stuff from the coaches. But especially to Ralker, the blue conference champion. And EZ, the red conference champion. They will face each other in the finals of the Pokemon Forever Association to see who is the truest champion in all of the league. Thanks for reading and stay tuned for the very last week of the season!