Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] Physical Tapu Koko
Ok I'm pretty new to battling. But can anyone answer why I don't see more physical attacker Tapu Koko? His atk stat is much higher than his spatk. Is there something I'm missing?
His move pool gives him a more varied set for special moves than physical moves, and especially in doubles battles, he can create synergy with other pokemon that benefit from Electric Terrain. For example, if he were paired with an Electivire, that would be a good electric combination because both could sweep efficiently in two different areas; physically and specially. This was my experience with him though.
Good news is on the way
(Dec 18, 2016, 06:55 AM)CBest95 Wrote: His move pool gives him a more varied set for special moves than physical moves, and especially in doubles battles, he can create synergy with other pokemon that benefit from Electric Terrain. For example, if he were paired with an Electivire, that would be a good electric combination because both could sweep efficiently in two different areas; physically and specially. This was my experience with him though.

Thanks for clearing that up. I love how far battling has come. The fact that everything is analyzed to that extent is awesome. Thanks again. Smile
He doesn't have access to a physical Fairy-type move, his only decent physical Electric-type STAB is Wild Charge which is affected by an opposing Intimidate, lowering its damage output. A Special set is way more consistent thanks to Thunderbolt, Discharge and Dazzling Gleam all being really strong moves.
(Dec 18, 2016, 07:03 AM)GiMYz Wrote: He doesn't have access to a physical Fairy-type move, his only decent physical Electric-type STAB is Wild Charge which is affected by an opposing Intimidate, lowering its damage output. A Special set is way more consistent thanks to Thunderbolt, Discharge and Dazzling Gleam all being really strong moves.

Thanks. It's good to see that stats aren't the only thing that matters. It had me puzzled. Thanks again. Smile