Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[ORAS] Which Starter Should I Choose?
Hey guys,
It's RetroTyphlosion, and, (don't kill me here) I just got Omega Ruby, and I'm playing it for the first time!!! So, what starter should I pick? Please comment and give me reasons why! Here's what I think:

Blaziken: Okay, I know this is the most popular starter, and the most powerful one. However, that's exactly why I don't want it. It's too strong. Uber, in fact. I want this run through to be challenging. The harder the better. I don't want to make the game easy by choosing him. 

Swampert: Same problem: too strong. While I do like Swampert, he's too strong, and I want my game hard. If I picked Swampert, I would also have to deal with a 4x Grass weakness. Mudkip is cool, though, plus he's a meme....

Sceptile: I'm leaning towards this guy. It might give me the most challenging gameplay, plus, Sceptile is really, really cool. Probably the favorite right now....

Thank you!

-RetroTyphlosion
VGC|Breeding|Forum Regular|Amethyst 0mega

PM me if you need help with competitive battling!
Get mudkip, he has no weaknesses in the gym or evil leaders, he has the highest attack stat and learns a lot of HMs
I agree with Reis. Mudkip is probably the best choice overall. It's also my favorite, but if you're really leaning towards Treecko, I'll support that decision. Just know that in OR, a lot of the evil NPCs have Flying and Fire-Types. Not to mention a few Poison-Types thrown in. If you want a challenge, pick Treecko. If you want a more effective run, pick Mudkip.
Mudkip Treecko
- 0kamii
Amethyst Ωmega - Guild Leader/Founder 

Definitely treecko it certainly makes playing the game a little harder alsoit looks the best out of the 3 and its mega is sleek
Words i live by - Good Luck and Chance.
I like Mudkip the best,  but then I usually go with waters...  (Except Fennekin and Litten,  who were just TOO CUTE.)
Can't ignore my homie Treecko
OU MASTER RACE