Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Shiny Dartrix! (and a breeding center trick)
Ello everybody, sorry that ive been away for so long. (Insert excuse here) BUT I was trading pokemon with a friend in sun&moon when I noticed he had TONS of shinys. I saw he had a shiny rowlet named Dr.Woo, and I asked him about it and he said I could have it. He said yes, and now I have a shiny dartrix! He also gave me a shiny espeon and crobat. ALSO has anyone else seen the new method of getting shiny pokemon through eggs? If not, ill tell you. So first save your game. 2nd get a foreign ditto and a regular magikarp and put them into the breeding center. (this is kinda the masuda method, but adds onto it) ok so once you get 30 eggs from them, put them into a box. One you have 30 eggs, take the magikarp out of the breeding center and hatch those 30 eggs. So if you hatch a shiny magikarp in those 30 eggs, count what number you hatched that magikarp on. (example 12) So then soft reset your game, and replace the magikarp with the pokemon offspring you want shiny. When you hatch 12 eggs from them, there should be a shiny (example shinx) ALSO VERY IMPORTANT if you dont get a shiny within the first 30 eggs, DO NOT SOFT RESET YOUR GAME FROM THE LAST SAVE. instead save your game when you hatch the 30 and one of them isnt shiny, (this is because it will keep giving you the same magikarp...) and repeat this process. ANOTHER important reminder: count witch egg you hatched the shiny on, and the shiny (shiny pokemon you want) will come out on the (number you hatched until shiny magikarp) Your welcome!!! look this trick up if it was too confusing.
-TigerThornX
this only works in sun&moon.
Also of note is that genderless pokemon and pokemon that are ALWAYS male or female require a slight modification of the technique. Since I've yet to succeed with this method (only had time to try one box of 30 so far) I'm not going to pretend I know exactly how it works, but there are guides available if you search things like "egg swap method".