Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Shiny hunting without shiny charm?
Should I get the shiny charm first or just go for it?
Life only happens once. Make the most out of it.

I main Tracer for some reason...
My Friend Safari is Flying with Pidgey, Fletchiender and Swanna. Feel free to add me!

Also, my name is Hayden... Why am I Johnnyspyguy?
Get it first, Im getting the national dex first. Im currently 88% done with my dex
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bUk8...0gvBrk/pub
The minute you think of giving up, think of the reason why you held on so long.
General Questions:
-Does completing the nat'l pokedex include event pokemon & legendaries in order to get the shiny charm?

-Also, any tips to shiny hunting in friend safaris? (if this is not the thread for this question kindly direct me to it Smile )

As far as the OP goes -- I have been shiny hunting without the charm & have found two shinys without it.
I am sure having the shiny charm would help, or so I have heard/read, but there is nothing stopping you from trying in the meantime!! Smile

I will be shiny hunting w/o the charm until I can get one.

Goodluck!
(Feb 22, 2016, 04:45 PM)pokePRiSMA Wrote: General Questions:
-Does completing the nat'l pokedex include event pokemon & legendaries in order to get the shiny charm?

-Also, any tips to shiny hunting in friend safaris? (if this is not the thread for this question kindly direct me to it Smile )

As far as the OP goes -- I have been shiny hunting without the charm & have found two shinys without it.
I am sure having the shiny charm would help, or so I have heard/read, but there is nothing stopping you from trying in the meantime!! Smile

Goodluck!

In order to get the shiny charm, you must complete the National Pokedex excluding all event Pokemon. Here is a list of the Pokemon not needed for the National Pokedex.
Code:
Mew
Celebi
Jirachi
Manaphy
Darkrai
Shaymin
Arceus
Victini
Keldeo
Meloetta
Genesect
Diancie
Hoopa

In friend safaris, the odds of finding a shiny is 1/512. The shiny charm does not affect the shiny odds in the friend safari. All you can really do is run around in the grass until you find a shiny.
The minute you think of giving up, think of the reason why you held on so long.
(Feb 22, 2016, 04:53 PM)Excalibur0126 Wrote:

Goodluck!

In order to get the shiny charm, you must complete the National Pokedex excluding all event Pokemon. Here is a list of the Pokemon not needed for the National Pokedex.
Code:
Mew
Celebi
Jirachi
Manaphy
Darkrai
Shaymin
Arceus
Victini
Keldeo
Meloetta
Genesect
Diancie
Hoopa

In friend safaris, the odds of finding a shiny is 1/512. The shiny charm does not affect the shiny odds in the friend safari. All you can really do is run around in the grass until you find a shiny.

But soft resetting for legendaries will be easier when you have the full dex. and it helps for masuda
(Feb 22, 2016, 04:59 PM)Asdfhjkl Wrote:
(Feb 22, 2016, 04:53 PM)Excalibur0126 Wrote:

Goodluck!

Code:
Mew
Celebi
Jirachi
Manaphy
Darkrai
Shaymin
Arceus
Victini
Keldeo
Meloetta
Genesect
Diancie
Hoopa

But soft resetting for legendaries will be easier when you have the full dex. and it helps for masuda

Great info!! Thx @Asdfhjkl & also thank you @Excalibur0126 Smile
Thanks everyone!
Life only happens once. Make the most out of it.

I main Tracer for some reason...
My Friend Safari is Flying with Pidgey, Fletchiender and Swanna. Feel free to add me!

Also, my name is Hayden... Why am I Johnnyspyguy?